Hidden C rail recommendations needed in East Lothian.

WolfmanMick

Newbie here only got the van in March, first campervan at 60 & we intend to get the most out of it now lockdown and us shielding is over.
Can anyone near east lothain offer recommendations of someone to put a hidden c rail on my T6 with pop top? Probably only use it for a sun canopy to shade the other half when she's sitting outside but you never can tell a awning might come later.
I know everyone says it doesn't take long to diy but a few things are stopping me,
Main one is Health reasons.
Plus i Do Not want to damage the pop top or van by struggling to do it, &
Having a large old age spread around the middle getting in the way :grin bounce:
Thanks in advance for any help

Can anyone near east lothain offer recommendations of someone to put a hidden c rail on my T6 with pop top? Probably only use it for a sun canopy to shade the other half
Have you tried Jerba, they are in North Berwick and may do it.

Have you tried Jerba, they are in North Berwick and may do it.
They don't do hidden c rails but can do awning rail on the side of the van. Means drilling into the side of van, Still thinking it over as would prefer roof/hidden one.

They don't do hidden c rails but can do awning rail on the side of the van. Means drilling into the side of van, Still thinking it over as would prefer roof/hidden one.
This one isnt hidden and doesnt need drilling. I quite like the look of this.

It must have been a hidden one :whistle: :whistle: :fast rofl::fast rofl:
Actually it helps if I include the link:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/283796567625? hash=item421397f649:g:nmMAAOSw3ytecMIu
I’ve just looked at that. So is there a reason why other rails can’t be stuck on with tiger seal? I want a discreet c channel for a canopy but don’t want 14 holes in the side of my van.
Has anyone done one with just sealant?

I’ve just looked at that. So is there a reason why other rails can’t be stuck on with tiger seal? I want a discreet c channel for a canopy but don’t want 14 holes in the side of my van.
Has anyone done one with just sealant?
Exactly how I feel. I would like one of these each side for symmetry lol.

Exactly how I feel. I would like one of these each side for symmetry lol.
Mmmm. Ideally I want to fit one to the metal frame of my pop top so it sits under the roof when closed. However, it’s so difficult to work out if one will fit without physically testing it. And to do that you have to buy one.

Mmmm. Ideally I want to fit one to the metal frame of my pop top so it sits under the roof when closed. However, it’s so difficult to work out if one will fit without physically testing it. And to do that you have to buy one.
rWhat pop top do you have? It may be worth asking the manufacturer and fitter.

rWhat pop top do you have? It may be worth asking the manufacturer and fitter.
Vanmax. I did speak to HVR who fit them and they only fit them on the van outside. I think people just go for the easy option.
I’ll sort it even if I have to bastardise one.

Back