Is this an awning rail?

Stan Dingup

VIP Member
Hi,

New T6 owner here. Just back from 1st night away and need to sort out an awning/sun shade as ended up bodging a tarp to bridge the side of the van to the event shelter.

I see the metal piece pictured is installed under the near side of the pop top, doesn’t have the same piece on the off side. Doesn’t seem to be a part of the pop top as only on the one side. And seperate metal pieces bolted into the van.

Is this an awning rail of some kind as can only find pictures of a more enclosed C type on line.

Any ideas?

Thank you

IMG_0691.jpeg

IMG_0690.jpeg

IMG_0689.jpeg

Does not look like mine. might be for a specific awning but is not standard for a Keder attachment. 20230724_122616 (Medium).jpg

Doesn't look like any of the C rails I found when searching for mine, looks more like it might be part of some latch or locking mechanism?

Intriguing.

Thanks guys.

It did come with a vango inflatable awning so if no one recognises the rail I’ll get the awning out and see how that looks. It may have something on that attaches to that rail.

The awning is quite large so great for a family holiday but a bit much for a night or two..!

I don't think that looks right. If intended for a keder strip why not have a round shape?

As said above, doesn't look right as not rounded shape. If it does't come off or break the fig8 piece when pulled forward by the weight of the awning/wind on it then fair enough. It may be a proprietary system or designed to accept a pole connection kit - search for Vango pole and clamp awning fitting. That said, it may not be long enough if it doesn't run almost the full length of the pop top length.

I've seen them fitted like that before, on my brothers caravan though! Its not ideal as you find those figure of 8's can move in the wind, so the C shaped or the vamoose rail already mentioned would be better.

Back