Recommendation To Get A C Rail Fitted In Scotland

ChrisB

Hi
I've got a conversion with a pop-up roof and want to get a C Rail fitted to allow me to attach a canopy tent (Sheltapod to be precise). Whilst I know I can use clamps or webbing straps, a C rail attachment seems the best option. However, the roof gully fixings are already being used by the struts for the pop-up and therefore the C rail will need to be bonded to the side.
Can anyone recommend someone in Scotland to do this?
Thanks
Chris

I had exactly this problem @Chris B . My vans getting work done at Raven Automotive in Kirkcaldy just now otherwise I'd photograph my solution for you. Basically a 2.5 metre length of aluminium angle bar. Sits on top of the strut bolts but fixes with spacer washers to the remaining three unused threaded holes in the roof. C channel awning rail is then screwed to the vertical face if the angle bar. Works a treat and cost about £30 to make.

Hi, we've just bought a sheltapod and hope our reimo multi rail will do the trick?

Any advice appreciated as we're new to the awning world!

Just looked at the Sheltapod website, you just need a kador strip and a figure of 8 and you’ll be fine :cool:

Just looked at the Sheltapod website, you just need a kador strip and a figure of 8 and you’ll be fine :cool:
Thanks everso and was my next port of call (yeah I know I bought one!). I thought the Forum will the experience and appreciate the rapid response! Delivers this week fingers crossed!

Back