Hi from Norfolk

Hi @Tomtomm , i guess your journey is just starting, the best thing to do is make a list of the things you "must" have within the van, and then a list of "would be nice" things and then start searching.

good luck, there's lots out there.

Hello @Onetimeonly
Thanks for reply and advice. Yes journey just starting and I've pretty much got a list.. biggest decision to move forward is do I but VW van and convert or buy an already converted?!

On my list my priorities are
Poptop, heating, towbar otherwise go with flow..

So your VIP member..!

Hello @Onetimeonly
Thanks for reply and advice. Yes journey just starting and I've pretty much got a list.. biggest decision to move forward is do I but VW van and convert or buy an already converted?!

On my list my priorities are
Poptop, heating, towbar otherwise go with flow..

So your VIP member..!

yes mate, this is a good forum and absolutely full of good advice so being a vip member just gives a bit back.

when i bought my van i got one fully done as i'm not very good at diy, the only job i've done is put a solar panel on my poptop roof. If you have bags of time spare and are good at diy then you could always put your own touches on things. But there are lots and lots out there, youve got a lot to choose from.
happy hunting.

Hi all, my name is Glenn and an a newbie from Norfolk. I Will no doubt be looking for some inside knowledge for a conversion (part or full) on my newly acquired purchase. I will be tackling the conversion myself and very much looking forward to it .
This is my first ever VW and she is a beautiful Chestnut Brown metallic T6 swb Kombi, Highline BMT 140bhp.
I already own and have completely restored a 1971 Mk3 Cortina, and as my wife and I love camping have decided on this new venture. Sooooo probably be on here again later....
Cheers
Glenn

Last edited:
Black side bars would finish it off nicely.
Nice Van!
Who fitted the suspension? The rear is at least 20mm too low.
Black side bars would finish it off nicely.
What wheels are they? Look great
Sus fitted by Dan Wright Vehicle Services in Rackheath, Norfolk. I like the height as is...although the sus was set up again as the front started scraping after a few hundred miles settling in. Wheels are AXE from wheelbase alloys...thanks fro your comments

Sus fitted by Dan Wright Vehicle Services in Rackheath, Norfolk. I like the height as is...although the sus was set up again as the front started scraping after a few hundred miles settling in. Wheels are AXE from wheelbase alloys...thanks fro your comments
Scraping? How come?

You shouldn't have the rear of the van lower than the front as this will cause some.dodgy handling!

Just from settling in. On initial installation ride height was equal all round. After a couple of weeks, front was scraping under heavy cornering. A further set up sorted this out.

Back