New to VW Campervans and this forum

Do you work in a guitar store?
Sadly yes, well 50/50 guitars and black and white noted things.
My excuse is that I went to the opening year of Worcester 6th form college for my A levels, which was still the Girls grammar school.
There were 1200 girls still going through the system, and 17 lads.
I had a fantastic 2 years there not getting the results I needed to study 'systems analysis' at Salford Uni.
Sucked into a life of working with all things musical. My old man told me to 'get a trade' like my older brother, an engineer who was driving round in a beaten up deep purple/black Morris Marina, I didn't fancy that! Obviously I knew better!
The music trade it was, selling happy things to happy people and dealing with the great British unwashed. Until I moved companies to central Birmingham, British isn't a term I use any more! Still relatively enjoyable, but a lot more Internet 'chat' and remote dealings with customers now than my own business years ago that fed off the Yellow Pages! I miss those simple days...

Last edited:
Sadly yes, well 50/50 guitars and black and white noted things.
My excuse is that I went to the opening year of Worcester 6th form college for my A levels, which was still the Girls grammar school.
There were still 1200 girls still going through the system, and 17 lads.
I had a fantastic 2 years there not getting the results I needed to study 'systems analysis' at Salford Uni.
Sucked into a life of working with all things musical. My old man told me to 'get a trade' like my older brother, an engineer who was driving round in a beaten up deep purple/black Morris Marina, I didn't fancy that! Obviously I knew better!
The music trade it was, selling happy things to happy people and dealing with the great British unwashed. Until I moved companies to central Birmingham, British isn't a term I use any more! Still relatively enjoyable, but a lot more Internet 'chat' and remote dealings with customers now than my own business years ago that fed off the Yellow Pages! I miss those simple days...
Great story. I have had bouts of GAS and own 16 at the moment. Need to get rid of a few at some point. Shame most are bought on line now... pot luck in getting a nice playing/sounding guitar and people missing out of the excitement of buying your first real guitar.
My parents took me to Denmark Street on my 16th birthday. Never forget it. Came away with a Gibson SG.
My dad carried it all around London in the Gibson logo'd case as he thought he looked cool

Great story. I have had bouts of GAS and own 16 at the moment. Need to get rid of a few at some point. Shame most are bought on line now... pot luck in getting a nice playing/sounding guitar and people missing out of the excitement of buying your first real guitar.
My parents took me to Denmark Street on my 16th birthday. Never forget it. Came away with a Gibson SG.
My dad carried it all around London in the Gibson logo'd case as he thought he looked cool
We will certainly give you a figure for anything you want to sell, but you will do better selling privately, if you don't mind the hassle. We love used gear! (we make more money than new). Have a look when you're bored! fairdealmusic.co.uk

Back