Hi from Essex

Eyres'ee

Tec
VIP Member
T6 Pro
Good day to all my first post. I am hoping to be the proud owner of a VW T6 in the not to distant future. Got a long weekend booked in a hire bus end of September to try to convince Mrs E that this is what we should do with our hard earned lolly, so just been stalking about on here for ideas. I am hoping to get along to busfest for a day. Any pointers sadly no beer as got to drive back to Essex. Going for ideas for inevitable future conversion.

If you're looking at convincing the other half then I'd take a strole around the campsites. Looking at everyone's set up and little communial areas will soon convert.
The show is really good for building shopping lists.

Good day to all my first post. I am hoping to be the proud owner of a VW T6 in the not to distant future. Got a long weekend booked in a hire bus end of September to try to convince Mrs E that this is what we should do with our hard earned lolly, so just been stalking about on here for ideas. I am hoping to get along to busfest for a day. Any pointers sadly no beer as got to drive back to Essex. Going for ideas for inevitable future conversion.
Welcome to the forum. Come and say hello at Busfest - there will be a few of us there with partial and/or full camper conversions so you will be able to have a look over them for ideas.

Hope your hire in September goes well - where are you getting it from?

Thanks, I am hiring from a little company called Firefly their vans are converted by vanworx, one of the conversion companies on my short list (well at the mo a long short list) so much to consider. Will try to get to come and say Hi at Busfest I'll look for ya flag.

Yeah, definately make sure you come and say hi at our little corner of the campsite, look for Fish's big flag.

Thanks, I am hiring from a small company called Firefly, their vans are converted by Vanworx (one of the companies on my short list, well long short list) there is so much to consider.
I'll try and pop across at Busfest and say hi, I'll look for ya flag.

So I've gone and done it today, deposit paid used 2016 Acapulco Blue SWB 150 ps DSG T30 Highline just over 8000 on the clock. One issue is it's in Glasgow and I'm in Essex so probably not going to be able to collect until Middleish September. Plan is a full conversion late next year, but was gonna get lower springs fitted asap. Looking at the Eibach pro 30mm any thoughts. Also maybe some 18" Wolfrace depending on deniro.....
This is my first Transporter and am not mechanically minded or able at all, will be looking to change the double cab seat to a single captains seat so any assistance or thoughts on this will be greatly a appreciated..... Help where does it stop????

Just saying hello in here, paid vip membership a few mins ago so hope to make some new aquaintences and contacts in the comming weeks / months maybe years who knows.
I'm Colchester based. Expecting my new arrival early next year :)

Welcome! Have you ordered a new van? Ohhhhh, it's exciting isn't it! Have fun!

Yes but having the delivery time almost double takes some of the excitement away!

Afternoon one and all. Have recently acquired a T6 Hi-Top camper with a view to exploring further a field - well more than just Essex anyway. It's a Bodans conversion in white and we cannot wait to get out and about. Hope to enjoy the chat and learn more about what VW T6 ownership is all about. Cheers!

Hi and welcome to the forum! I hope you’re van bring you many years of fun

Hi each, another newbie here.

In the throes of purchasing a 2018 T6 Leisuredrive lwb hard top vivante. First foray into campervans and had to go down the Vivante route to find a van i could drive and sleep iin as I'm 6' 8""..... .Having the front seats swapped for swivel/slide and height adjusting ones to give the required head and leg room. Looking at insurance at the moment, so any hints would be welcome.

Found the site to be an interesting read and no doubt I'll have some questions when the van arrives.

Cheers for now

Welcome to the forum!

Don’t forget to join our Team and post some pics when you pick it up!

Be interested to see the seats you have put in, and how they work with the bed.

Welcome to the forum!

Don’t forget to join our Team and post some pics when you pick it up!

Be interested to see the seats you have put in, and how they work with the bed.
Hi CAB, thanks for the reply. How do I join?

Here's a shot of the drivers seat, swiveled but not flat.

IMG_3281.jpg

Back