Hi new from Bath - Moving from 4X$4 to Transporter

Boyd River

T6 Pro
Hi everybody, as per the title I am a total newbie to the Transporter.
I have been an off roader for years using a selection of Land Rovers and Jeep Wranglers.
I currently own A Jeep Wrangler 4JKU Rubicon. Top of the range, it has a fully electric front to back power roof. It is a real head turner in Silver with black arches and red trimmings. (sadly after 3 years of 23MPG it has to go)

I want to buy a T6 Highline Kombi Automatic SWB and turn it into a swamper on the outside and make it luxurious day van on the inside, with four swivel captains chairs along the lines of this

IMG_15282-medium.jpg

I was hoping to just chuck on a set of BF goodrich tyres with some rugged wheels, but locally I can only find the model I want with a T32 load type and Im not sure if I can give it the swamper look I want without major alterations. Hopefully someone has had the same or a similar vsion and has overcome the problems and can give me some pointers.
Thanks for reading.
boyd

What about them being T32's specifically do you see as a stumbling block?

Hi everybody, as per the title I am a total newbie to the Transporter.
I have been an off roader for years using a selection of Land Rovers and Jeep Wranglers.
I currently own A Jeep Wrangler 4JKU Rubicon. Top of the range, it has a fully electric front to back power roof. It is a real head turner in Silver with black arches and red trimmings. (sadly after 3 years of 23MPG it has to go)

I want to buy a T6 Highline Kombi Automatic SWB and turn it into a swamper on the outside and make it luxurious day van on the inside, with four swivel captains chairs along the lines of this

View attachment 180369

I was hoping to just chuck on a set of BF goodrich tyres with some rugged wheels, but locally I can only find the model I want with a T32 load type and Im not sure if I can give it the swamper look I want without major alterations. Hopefully someone has had the same or a similar vsion and has overcome the problems and can give me some pointers.
Thanks for reading.
boyd
There’s nothing about a T32 that is any more difficult to use as a base for a swamper than any other van.

The interior you’re looking at is a Caravelle conversion. That gives you the rails which enable chairs and tables to slide into various positions.

We can do both a swamper exterior and the Caravelle interior at the cave and we aren’t far from bath either.

What about them being T32's specifically do you see as a stumbling block?
Thanks for replying.
Transporter models explained website staed "The T32 is slightly less popular for conversions as the uprated suspension, brakes, etc make it a slightly harder Transporter to modify and requires higher load rated alloys etc." Hence my take that everyone shied away from the T32

Nah, nothing about a T32 will get in the way of the plans you've got. There's load of wheels and tyres - especially swamper style - rated for T32's. Suspension options are plentiful for all weight ratings. The only other difference I can think of would be needing a class 7 MOT but I've never found it to be the problem some people seem to convince themselves it might be.

Thanks for replying.
Transporter models explained website staed "The T32 is slightly less popular for conversions as the uprated suspension, brakes, etc make it a slightly harder Transporter to modify and requires higher load rated alloys etc." Hence my take that everyone shied away from the T32
I specifically ordered a t32 LWB 4mot for my conversion. I came from a succession of 8 Discoverys to a T6. Never looked back, should’ve done it years ago. I was worried that the T6 wouldn’t do what I wanted it to I.e. towing/launching/recovering a 1900kg boat outfit. My worries we’re un-founded.

Thanks to both of you for sharing, how do you find parking n parking spaces, or do you not use your vans as daily drivers please?

Thanks for replying.
I have a t32 and the only downside you WONT suffer with is load rating of alloys and tyres when you’re going for the slammed look on low profiles. So you’ll be fine. The upside is you’ll have bigger brakes

I use mine as my daily driver. Parking is no problem but I did have a rear camera fitted as the camper in the back restricts rearward visibility.

Back