Help- T6.1 Rear heater control panel is dead?

Samro

VIP Member
T6 Legend
I noticed yesterday that my rear heater controller is dead. (Completely blank with no function.)
A bit of research led me to check fuse 11 as shown in the below screenshot from the downloaded info from the forum:
1648289158494.png 1648289425513.png
I have checked and tested fuse 12 and all ok.

I appear to be missing fuse 11, which is my next check! I am baffled as to where my 20A fuse for my "Aux Heater control Unit J364" is!

Here is a pic of my SC- fuse panel (By drivers right knee). Am I looking in the wrong place?
7CF642BA-EBA5-4156-8A32-60E17CE01167.jpeg

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Note. I have also swapped out 60 with 61 and no change.

Last edited:
Still baffled as to why I don't have fuse 11. Is anyone able to assist with where else I should be looking? The van is booked in with a dealer, but they can't look at until May.if anyone could help I'd appreciate it.

Module J364 is for the aux air heater, not the rear load space heater

Ah! I am a fool. So where is the fuse to the control panel to the rear load space heater on a T6.1?

@Loz has pointed out that SC42 is for the rear blower switch, but not on my van.
I have a 6.1 and cannot find which fuse to check.
Does anyone know the fuse number for the fuse to the rear blower on a 2021 T6.1?

@Loz has pointed out that SC42 is for the rear blower switch, but not on my van.
I have a 6.1 and cannot find which fuse to check.
Does anyone know the fuse number for the fuse to the rear blower on a 2021 T6.1?
Perhaps SC61 -
see T6.1 Climatronic (9AH) wiring diagram

For Climatic AC - (KC2),(KC3),(KC4),(KH6)

I already went through those downloads and this led me to recheck fuses SC12, SC14 & SC61.
All are fine.

The front a/c is working fine. It is just the rear blower that is dead. Or at least the controller for it which is completely dead.

I am booked to have the problem checked by a Dealer and it looks like I'll have to wait. Carista is giving me a fault code relating to the "Heater & air conditioning 460035" (Along with two other random faults which wont go away, but I've not worried about these as there are no faults on the dash.)

My concern is that when my under seat mods were done, all of the under seat bracketry was removed to make room for the required kit. I am concerned that the Dealer will tell me that i have caused the fault despite the fact that everything has been working fine for 6 months since the mods were undertaken last October.

There is a reference in one of the downloads which worries me. TSKVL - Coupling point in left seat. I disturbed everything under the left seat when the van was new, but only insofar that i unplugged everything and plugged it back together (in the same housings) without the bracketry to make room for my kit.

1650039377982.png

Here is a picture of what was left with after losing all of the housings under the flooring prior to installing my kit under the left seat base.
Underseat1.jpg

The one and only relay that is in the above photo is marked with the marking "645". I think that this relay deals with the rear window heater, but I'm likely to be wrong on this?

At the time of the seat base works, I did leave the relay accessible as can be seen in the below picture taken at the time of the works and i have checked all fuses under the left seat. Weirdly the fuse that is referred to as the TSKVL 20A Coupling point (No 4) is missing in my install and always has been.

I have checked all of the fuses under the left seat and all are fine. 1650047022089.png

Underseat.jpg

I also have no idea why the Downloaded "Relay locations for a 6.1" show 7 relays under the left seat. I am positive that there was only the one described above, but I have a rear heated screen and assume that all models have the relay J7 for the battery isolation, so unsure why I only have the one relay.

1650041765941.png
Does anyone have any other info on fuses and relays on late T6.1's as mine seems to be different to that referred to in the download section.

I am confuddled and reached the end of my ability, without someone pointing me in the right direction.

Basically i now don't know how much to panic as I am worried that the VW dealer will blame me and then walk away. (I worry that they will take advantage of the fact that warranty is voided by my removal of the under seat bracketry.)

It may be that it is likely that the control panel is simply u/s and I am worrying unnecessarily as the dealer will just replace this, but I thought I'd seek advice on this forum before having my pants pulled down at the dealers!

I am so bad at this forum thing!

I posted on this thread as am still at a loss!

Any ideas @Deaky?

The downloads show (almost) every possible option so unless you had electric tailgate/rotating roof lights/4 motion etc etc then you wont have all the relays

Looking at the list i would say a standard kombi would only have one and thats assuming it has a rear window

The downloads show (almost) every possible option so unless you had electric tailgate/rotating roof lights/4 motion etc etc then you wont have all the relays

Looking at the list i would say a standard kombi would only have one and thats assuming it has a rear window
Still unsure why my (SH) fuse holder has no fuse in position 4, when the downloaded schematic clearly refers to the "TKSVL coupling point".

I've checked as much as I can but am now a bit baffled why my installation differs from the schematics. I can't really make any further checks as my install is clearly not just missing some items due to specification changes, but is simply different from the schematics.

I am so bad at this forum thing!

I posted on this thread as am still at a loss!

Any ideas @Deaky?

Moderator's note: Posts now moved/combined into this thread.

Still unsure why my (SH) fuse holder has no fuse in position 4, when the downloaded schematic clearly refers to the "TKSVL coupling point".
SH4 is for auxiliary air heater.
Please post "Detailed ECU info"-report (under Carista Service menu).

Have you checked all the fuses?
I believe so! I've checked as much as I possibly can but I am really bamboozled.
I shall post the "Detailed ECU Info" from Carista as soon as I've escaped Easter lunch with the in-laws!

• Love
Reactions: mmi
Please post "Detailed ECU info"-report (under Carista Service menu).
Here it is. Hope it makes more sense to you than me!

Edited to provide ECU info for subscribed version of Carista. (Sorry if you saw the last version - I can be a bit ditsy!)

Code:
DETAILED ECU INFO

ECU info obtained with Carista 650016 for iOS:

VIN: WV1ZZZ7HZNX006866

CAN network gateway
Part #: 3Q0907530AL
Component: GW MQB High
Software version: 5463
ASAM/ODX identifier: EV_GatewNF
Coding: [none]
Fault codes:
8531970 Quiescent current

Central electronics
Part #: 2Q5937090B
Component: BCM T6PA Std+
Software version: 0954
ASAM/ODX identifier: EV_BCMA0
[No fault codes]

Parking/steering assist
Part #: 5QA919298K
Component: PLA 3.0 12K
Software version: 0073
ASAM/ODX identifier: EV_EPHVA2CAU3700000
[No fault codes]

Airbags
Part #: 2Q0959655AN
Component: VW22Airbag
Software version: 0511
ASAM/ODX identifier: EV_AirbaVW22BPAVW27X
[No fault codes]

Instrument cluster
Part #: 7LA920951A
Component: KOMBI
Software version: 8400
ASAM/ODX identifier: EV_DashBoardVDDMQBAB
Fault codes:
16777020 Manufacturer-specific code

ABS
Part #: 7LA614517B
Component: ESC_high
Software version: 0800
ASAM/ODX identifier: EV_Brake1ESP90iBOSCHVN46X
[No fault codes]

Power steering
Part #: 7LA909144G
Component: EPS_MQB_ZFLS
Software version: 7160
ASAM/ODX identifier: EV_SteerAssisMNB
[No fault codes]

Trailer
Part #: 5H0907383
Component: Anhaenger
Software version: 0040
ASAM/ODX identifier: EV_TrailFunctGener3Hella
[No fault codes]

Heater & air conditioning
Part #: 7LA907426E
Component: AC Manuell
Software version: 0602
ASAM/ODX identifier: EV_AirCondiBHTCVN54XT6PA
Fault codes:
460035 Manufacturer-specific code

Driver assist front sensor
Part #: 2Q0980653C
Component: MQB MFK 3.0
Software version: 1301
ASAM/ODX identifier: EV_MFK3ValeoMQB
[No fault codes]

Lane-change system
Part #: 2Q0907686B
Component: HRE3_Kl15_Mst
Software version: 0150
ASAM/ODX identifier: EV_HREntryHellaGen3Kl15
[No fault codes]

Adaptive cruise control
Part #: 2Q0907572R
Component: ACCCONTIMQB
Software version: 0372
ASAM/ODX identifier: EV_ACCMRRCONTIVW376
[No fault codes]

Headlight aiming
Part #: 7P6907357E
Component: AFS-ECU
Software version: 0080
ASAM/ODX identifier: EV_HeadlRegulAFSMQBMAX
[No fault codes]

Telematics
Part #: 5WA035282
Component: OCUGen3Low
Software version: 0092
ASAM/ODX identifier: EV_OCUGen3Low
[No fault codes]

Back-up camera
Part #: 5Q0980568B
Component: RVC Compact+
Software version: 0250
ASAM/ODX identifier: EV_CamSysRVRVCARPANAMQBAB
[No fault codes]

Transmission
Part #: 0DV300043T
Component: GSG DQ500
Software version: 9999
ASAM/ODX identifier: EV_TCMDQ500021
[No fault codes]

Engine
Part #: 05L906023
Component: R4 2.0l BTD
Software version: 1160
ASAM/ODX identifier: EV_ECM20BTD01105L906023
[No fault codes]

Infotainment system
Part #: 3CN035869A
Component: MU-E-D-ER
Software version: 0920
ASAM/ODX identifier: EV_MUEnt4CGen2LGE
Fault codes:
01543 Control module incorrectly coded

Obtained with Carista 650016 for iOS.
Download app: ‎Carista OBD2
Facebook: Carista

Last edited by a moderator:
BTW - 8531970 Quiescent current
That fault cleared down and has disappeared .
I'll see if that one comes back, but cleared and run van and no sign of it coming g back at the moment.

I've checked as much as I can but am now a bit baffled why my installation differs from the schematics. I can't really make any further checks as my install is clearly not just missing some items due to specification changes, but is simply different from the schematics.
Here it is. Hope it makes more sense to you than me!

Edited to provide ECU info for subscribed version of Carista. (Sorry if you saw the last version - I can be a bit ditsy!)
Thank you!
Re the fuse SH4 - the van doesn't aux. air heater and thus indeed the SH4 is missing. The wiring diagrams show all possible combinations so always need to check the footnotes for exact configutation - indeed it can be more than confusing.

To figure out what the AC fault 460035 a proper diagnostics tool is proably needed. Carista just relies on whatever is available in Internet. I guess that because this kind (front/rear) heater/AC is not used in passenger cars, the fault code is not yet known e.g. at VCDS Forum. But as you mentioned, it's most likely related to inoperable rear controls.

Well - an interesting Carista ECU report - none of the modules have their CODING reported confused.png

e.g.
ABS
Part #: 7LA614517B​
Component: ESC_high​
Software version: 0800​
ASAM/ODX identifier: EV_Brake1ESP90iBOSCHVN46X​
[No fault codes]​
Anyways, if you don't mind a couple of questions - although unrelated to this thread - I'm just "deciphering" the installed components on T6.1
Is the van SWB (Short Wheel Base)?​
Is it T30 or T32?​
Does it have big (front) brakes - (minimum17" wheels)​
Does it have Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS, ABS based)?​
Does it have Adaptive Cruise Control, or the traditional one?​

SWB T32-New in October 2021.
Big brakes
No TPMS (I think that ABS based is standard on Kombi but mine started life as a standard PV, so a little unsure. In any case, the wife's car has it and it is always playing up, so kinda hope not.)
Yes adaptive Cruise (Went for the "tow assist" pack as I seem to remember that it was best way of getting a few options such as lane assist, etc)

• Love
Thanks - indeed some fancy/rare modules in the van :thumbsup:

Thank you!
Re the fuse SH4 - the van doesn't aux. air heater and thus indeed the SH4 is missing. The wiring diagrams show all possible combinations so always need to check the footnotes for exact configutation - indeed it can be more than confusing.

To figure out what the AC fault 460035 a proper diagnostics tool is proably needed. Carista just relies on whatever is available in Internet. I guess that because this kind (front/rear) heater/AC is not used in passenger cars, the fault code is not yet known e.g. at VCDS Forum. But as you mentioned, it's most likely related to inoperable rear controls.

Well - an interesting Carista ECU report - none of the modules have their CODING reported View attachment 153498

e.g.
ABS
Part #: 7LA614517B​
Component: ESC_high​
Software version: 0800​
ASAM/ODX identifier: EV_Brake1ESP90iBOSCHVN46X​
[No fault codes]​
Anyways, if you don't mind a couple of questions - although unrelated to this thread - I'm just "deciphering" the installed components on T6.1
Is the van SWB (Short Wheel Base)?​
Is it T30 or T32?​
Does it have big (front) brakes - (minimum17" wheels)​
Does it have Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS, ABS based)?​
Does it have Adaptive Cruise Control, or the traditional one?​
You are a legend for helping a pleb like me!

My concern is that they will say that I have jiggered something with my underseat install. (In your opinion is it likely that the problem could be located under the seats, which will cause me a problem?

Back