Help- T6.1 Rear heater control panel is dead?

It is just the rear blower that is dead. Or at least the controller for it which is completely dead.
Please post a picture of the controller (+surroundings) and whereabouts of the rear blower - just for me to understand the configuration (as you mentioned the van started life as standard PV).
Also a picture of "main/front" AC controller would help.

Anything similar to T6? E.g. - here:

Have you checked the connections under the seat?

If you have, and they are ok. Then tell them that when you go to the dealer, be honest.. don’t try and hide what you’ve done / changed.

Nothing worse than someone acting surprised when something is found relating to something that’s been messed with.

Have you checked the connections under the seat?

If you have, and they are ok. Then tell them that when you go to the dealer, be honest.. don’t try and hide what you’ve done / changed.

Nothing worse than someone acting surprised when something is found relating to something that’s been messed with.
I've checked every single fuse under the passenger seat, despite the fuse diagram that I had not showing any of these fuses as being relevant!
This was in addition to checking various fuses at the SC fuse panel.

Please post a picture of the controller (+surroundings) and whereabouts of the rear blower - just for me to understand the configuration (as you mentioned the van started life as standard PV).
Also a picture of "main/front" AC controller would help.

Anything similar to T6? E.g. - here:
Yes that rear heater in the link you provided looks the same, but here is my (dead) controller which is in the centre of the roof behind the interior lights:
98FFBFF2-888B-45B9-AF0E-E8F0EFE6559F.jpeg

Here is the best picture of the rear with the heater on the right.
(Difficult to get another pic now due to having an ovano.)
1650222593042.jpeg

Reactions: mmi
BTW- The dead control panel is always dead when the main controller for the front heater/ac is off. This is a design function and the rear heater/blower cannot be used unless the front fan is on.

The rear control is fused by fuse SC12 and SC14 Powers the rear circulation pump.
E3D93C27-108E-4AC8-963A-2A12EB9C19A7.jpeg

The rear control is fused by fuse SC12 and SC14 Powers the rear circulation pump.
View attachment 153526
It was the reference to the "TSKVL coupling " thaf is situated under the passenger seat that I have been totally unable to visualise, let alone locate. This is my main concern as I am preparing myself for the dealer to essentially tell me I have in some way jiggered up the TSKVL coupling point and that need to pay eleventy thousand pounds to mend it!

Does that black wire relate to the housings that all plug together? (After being removed from their frames to make room for bespoke under-seat install?)
These housings are all somewhat buried under the seat base electrics as I saw no reason for these to ever have a fault!
I made sure all fuses and the single relay were accessible in the event of a problem.
Removing the entire seat base electrics would be a pain in the balls if that's is what is required!

The coupling point you keep mentioning is just one of the plugs that you have put under the floor
Normally they are in the bracket but it’s just a male and female plug connected together, it’s what links the rear wiring loom to the cabin wiring loom
Generally there is multiple plugs and they cover all back doors, wash/wipe, interior lights etc

I guess I just keep my fingers crossed the dealers say that they are willing to check the control panel first and that they find a fault. I'll be gutted if they say that they need to check the coupling point first and then find that the problem is elsewhere!
What does TSKVL stand for?

Thanks - intriguing... I believe I'm catching up...

A VCDS scan of a similar is most likely this:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------​
Address 08: Auto HVAC (J301) Labels:* None​
Part No SW: 7LA 907 426 E HW: 7LA 907 426 E​
Component: AC Manuell H01 0602​
Rear A/C Control Head 1:​
Subsystem 1 - Part No SW: 7LA 907 049 D HW: 7LA 907 049 D​
Component: E857 H02 0301​
Rear A/C control head:​
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

The "E857" can be even traced back to the wiring diagram.

I believe the correct wiring diagran for this system is actually
although it's not really different re the externals - e.g. wiring.

The circulation pump would be fed through red 17 pin connector under left seat. However, I can't see the fault - blank control panel & rear blower- being there.
My concern is that they will say that I have jiggered something with my underseat install. (In your opinion is it likely that the problem could be located under the seats, which will cause me a problem?
The overhead control panel E857 has no connections under left seat (see page 21/3 in wiring diagram) - just sharing fuse SC12 with main AC controller EX21. The connection between E857 and EX21 is via coupling point TCPM in dash panel, centre (whatever that means, definitely not under left seat).

The rear blower V80 is wired under right seat, coupling point TSKVR, red 17-pin connector.

Thanks - intriguing... I believe I'm catching up...

A VCDS scan of a similar is most likely this:
Address 08: Auto HVAC (J301) Labels:* None​
Part No SW: 7LA 907 426 E HW: 7LA 907 426 E​
Component: AC Manuell H01 0602​
Rear A/C Control Head 1:​
Subsystem 1 - Part No SW: 7LA 907 049 D HW: 7LA 907 049 D​
Component: E857 H02 0301​
Rear A/C control head:​

The "E857" can be even traced back to the wiring diagram.

I believe the correct wiring diagran for this system is actually
although it's not really different re the externals - e.g. wiring.

The circulation pump would be fed through red 17 pin connector under left seat. However, I can't see the fault - blank control panel & rear blower- being there.

The overhead control panel E857 has no connections under left seat (see page 21/3 in wiring diagram) - just sharing fuse SC12 with main AC controller EX21. The connection between E857 and EX21 is via coupling point TCPM in dash centre.

The rear blower V80 is wired under right seat, coupling point TSKVR, red 17-pin connector.
Under right seat, red 17pin connector.... double shit!
A36B9A89-9AF6-46BD-A158-AE3701EBAE88.jpeg

• Wow
The overhead control panel E857 has no connections under left seat (see page 21/3 in wiring diagram) - just sharing fuse SC12 with main AC controller EX21. The connection between E857 and EX21 is via coupling point TCPM in dash centre.
Is this what I keep my fingers crossed for?

I'm confident that the controller itself is faulty.

If you really want to trace things you could verify that the overhead controller gets +12V.
Have you tried to pry (gently) the controller out. It has 6-pin connector with only three wires +12V (red), ground (brown), and LIN-databus (purple/yellow).

The same at the blower controller J391 (on top of the blower).

I'm confident that the controller itself is faulty.

If you really want to trace things you could verify that the overhead controller gets +12V.
Have you tried to pry (gently) the controller out. It has 6-pin connector with only three wires +12V (red), ground (brown), and LIN-databus (purple/yellow).

The same at the blower controller J391 (on top of the blower).
Ha ha ha! You said gently! I have just had spinal surgery a couple of weeks ago and have not got the use of my left arm and little feeling in the other! I can't wash up a mug without breaking it!

My wife caught me with the passenger seat removed yesterday and wasn't very nice to me as she thought I was watching telly in the van! Got a huge rollicking!
I think I'll just wait and hope that the dealer isn't nasty to me and doesn't take me or take me for a mug!
You have given me some confidence that the fault is with the controller itself or the connection in the dash centre. That is great because unlike the seat bases, I've not toyed with that!

Thank you guys for your assistance!

Fault fixed today. Poorly factory installed cables behind the rear heater controller found to be crushed.
All fixed in a very friendly and efficient manner by Breeze Commercial (Totton). Chuffed to bits that they were so helpful, as Main Dealers on here often seem to get bad press!

Reactions: CAB
Back