Help? Bubbling/Raised areas on Fibre Glass Austop Pop up Roof

CAS

Can anyone please advise. I have a 3 year old van fitted with an Austop pop up roof. There are several areas that have bubbled and are uneven. As its a fibeglass roof, is this to be expected or is it a warranty issue? I know that Austop give a 5 year warranty but will this be covered? Any help advise appreciated. Thanks

Can you post some pics of the issues?

If it's got a five year warranty I would give Austops a call. Is it painted . The customer service is meant to be very good

Here you go. Images attached. As I mentioned there are bubbles and lower areas. Also the van is pristine apart from around the drivers door seal which is showing signs of rusting. Anyone else experienced this and best way to rectify?
Thanks

IMG_4172.jpeg

IMG_4173.jpeg

IMG_4174.jpeg

Can’t help with the roof, but the search function will throw up the door seal issue, and what people have done about it.

Pete

That looks like de-lamination. We see it now and again in my industry on Caravans and Motorhomes, but it's not a very common problem. It tends to effect the American RV's and some of the smaller Caravan manufactures like Infinity and Stealth who have both gone out of business now. It's where the top layer separates from the layer below by either poor manufacturing or more commonly, damp.
The problem is there isn't an easy way to fix this.

Back