Hello

NRW

Hello All. New chap here, hoping to learn the low down on T6’s , the ins and outs, what to look out for. Faults, problems a tips and tricks. May be something I buy in the future….maybe…..out of necessity.
I’m a VAG fan. Audi for 6 years. Mk6 Golf GTI for nigh 7, and a new R since 2019. Look forward to asking lots of questions and contributing as I am able.

Welcome - plenty of helpful people on here to assist with your exploration into the Transporter

Welcome to the forum. Nice people around here.
VAG fan means you are used to problems, random faults, electric glitches and poor reliability. The Transporter is the best of the group, all the faults of each individual brand in one single vehicle.
And for upgrades, bits and bobs get ready your divorce papers, call the bank to increase your draft and get a big loan for repairs.
Still nothing will compare to your T6 at the end…

Welcome to the forum. Nice people around here.
VAG fan means you are used to problems, random faults, electric glitches and poor reliability. The Transporter is the best of the group, all the faults of each individual brand in one single vehicle.
And for upgrades, bits and bobs get ready your divorce papers, call the bank to increase your draft and get a big loan for repairs.
Still nothing will compare to your T6 at the end…
Haha. Thanks. A VAG fan certainly has to be resilient. And yep, both GTIs and R Golf’s are not without widely known , er, “issues”. But some avoidable, preventable….so maybe T6s will be similar?
(See…optimism also engrained by 18y VAG ownership, haha)

Welcome!
Now, what are your thoughts on ownership costs, wild camping, and van security....? :laugh:
Having initially welcomed yesterday's 'chap', I find myself somewhat reluctant on the unconditional welcome front now! @NRW are you happy to fill in a far more detailed questionnaire about your honourable intentions within our mild mannered welcoming forum?!

Having initially welcomed yesterday's 'chap', I find myself somewhat reluctant on the unconditional welcome front now! @NRW are you happy to fill in a far more detailed questionnaire about your honourable intentions within our mild mannered welcoming forum?!
I think you need to give @NRW more background.

Hello All. New chap here, hoping to learn the low down on T6’s , the ins and outs, what to look out for. Faults, problems a tips and tricks. May be something I buy in the future….maybe…..out of necessity.
I’m a VAG fan. Audi for 6 years. Mk6 Golf GTI for nigh 7, and a new R since 2019. Look forward to asking lots of questions and contributing as I am able.
Welcome to the forum. What van have you got or are you starting the search? We like pictures so if you have any of your van put some up! I'm not going to tempt fate by mentioning reliability (or lack of), especially as I have somehow ended up with 3 VWs on the drive (by accident, not design).

If some of the comments above are somewhat confusing don't worry, it's a bit of banter based on some recent forum comments rather than anything you have said. Enjoy and welcome.

Smart - finding out as much as you can before spending thousands of £.
Welcome to the forum you won't find a better source of information!

Back