Hello from Wiltshire. Advice needed please

Wiltshirejay

Hello

First post on this forum, first post on any Internet forum actually which is strange as I’m only 32.

I’m based in Wiltshire (SN11) and are currently about to sell our family car and buying a T6 as our daily school / leisure ride.

We are looking at 8 seats (7 as a minimum) and have spent a fair while searching for this configuration. The majority seem to be 5 seats.

If I was to buy a 5 seater, how easy is it to get a third row fitted ? Rough prices? And any recommendations for anyone who is good within 75 miles of Wiltshire. Happy to travel for it to be done by someone good than go down the end of the road and get a rubbish job.

Lastly if anyone has a T6 for sale or has seen one, we have a budget of around £30k, 2017 oldest and max of 20k miles.

thank you and looking forward to seeing some replies :)

Jay

Hi @Wiltshirejay and welcome to the forum. Can prices are running very hot at the moment, so you might struggle at the moment. We have a California Beach (ie no kitchen etc) which takes 7 seats and is our everyday car!

This van is the 84HP model, about the same Hp as my daughter's Fiat 500 which is very very slow but much much lighter than the T6. Just saying!
Oops, maybe not such a good find!!!

Engine size all the same but different brake horse
Didn’t know that was the lesser as didn’t say in advert was just a quick google search to see what was about for your price range and specs as jog said there silly money at the moment

What size engine should I be looking for ? Any ideas
It's all about personal preference, the diesels are all 2.0l but power outputs vary greatly from the 84 (or 83) to 110ish, 150 and up to to 199 / 204.
I think power is good, the more the better, but it's a very personal thing and power usually comes at a price in terms of fuel economy. Opinions will vary on this subject and I'm not going to tell you the right answer because I'm afraid there isn't a right answer, it depends on what you want from a van.

Shuttle seems a logical choice. But if you’ll be doing any distance, I’d suggest a 150 engine is the minimum youd want, especially if you’ll often be carrying that many people. Do a couple of test drives and you’ll soon get a feel for the difference and whether you’ll be happy with a lower BHP engine or not

Back