Heat To Eat Ready Meal Reviews

Alpenfest week at LIDL Thursday 24th February, restock your Rosti drawer ready for the summer.
I keep missing this, when you say Thursday 24th is that when the week starts and the day they are on the shelves?

It's always a 'From' date, they may have them on that date and sell them until they've all gone, or they may get them in a day or two late and then the same.
You just have to go and hope they have them in.

Reactions: Loz
Last time they only had the plain ones, hope they have the smoked bacon ones again!

Those rostis are delicious but all that butter is making my arteries clog up just looking at the pictures!

What sort of shelf life do these Rostis have, will they keep until the summer if bought now?
edit: just noticed the date in the picture, November 23.

Just been to my local Lidl, managed to grab the last cheese n bacon one and got 4 plain ones.

Designed to perfectly fit a Ridge-Monkey! I bought 15 of the bacon ones, plains are ok but not as good!
The perfect camping breakfast.
Someone asked about shelf life? Ages and ages at room (van) temperature. Best before dates are next year.

Off to local Lidl Monday - hope they have some Rosti left!!
Managed to get a few both plain / ham&cheese.

Tried the ham and cheese one and quite nice - its slightly saltier than I’d like (BP!!). Yet to try the plain one.

I’ll also give the earlier recipe a go, for the home made version.

Im a big fan of Huel.

They also now do hot and savory food, great for camping.

Im a big fan of Huel.

They also now do hot and savory food, great for camping.

Wow! I thought that was really expensive until I realised there were seven servings per bag

It’s Iberian week this week, there are Greek weeks, Dutch weeks, Belgian weeks, French weeks and so on, doesn’t seem to be a set schedule, you have to pounce and buy the lot whenever it comes up.
I will post when I spot Alpenfest in the rota.
Edited to add.. it could be a long wait, last alpenfest week before February 2022 was September 2021.

It’s Iberian week this week, there are Greek weeks, Dutch weeks, Belgian weeks, French weeks and so on, doesn’t seem to be a set schedule, you have to pounce and buy the lot whenever it comes up.
I will post when I spot Alpenfest in the rota.
Edited to add.. it could be a long wait, last alpenfest week before February 2022 was September 2021.
These are just as good a Rosti from Lidl. Add an egg job jobbed. 8 minutes is not enough you need a good 12 minutes.

tempImagebqEU5i.png

Back