Heat To Eat Ready Meal Reviews

Huel pasta just add hot water are great and taste superb.

Phil's Rosti - How I done it! (added by loz :)

Slightly off topic, lately I've been making Rosti from scratch, its dead easy, only takes a few minutes and its soooo tasty :)
Peel & grate a couple of decent sized spuds, if you like grate half an onion, and really squeeze out all the water & starch in kitchen-roll or a clean tea towel. This bit is crucial, squeeze as much moisture out as you possibly can. Grate a good handful of cheese, you can add some diced bacon or ham, or whatever is in your fridge (anything thats not furry) ;)
Mix it all up in a bowl, press it into a non-stick frying pan, into a thin pancake. A Ridge Monkey is ideal. Give it 7-10 minutes each side on a low heat till its well browned. Utterly scrummy! :thumbsup:
Nice with a fried egg on top too, while the pans hot. Proper breakfast!
Had a go at making them (twice) this week and so easy. Winding up in a clean tea towel removes a surprising amount of liquid. First batch was just potato and onion and second was with ham and cheese.

Both the kids liked them which is always a good result!

I used two similar size frying pans to make flipping easier and used the first pan for the eggs while the second side of the rosti was cooking (IYSWIM)

I see this will become a regular meal option!

Ian

Tip I've learnt! If you boil the potatoes with the skins on for 10mins, then grate when cool you do not need to sqeeze out the moisture as the boiling "dries" the potatoes!!

Who'd have thought!!

I'm really loving these Nissin Soba noodles for a quick snack when camping. Unlike Pot Noodles which are a bit sloppy and sad, these are more of a dryer noodle and much more authentic in both flavour and texture. Just add boiling water for 3 mins then drain it out (holes provided for this in the lid) then add the sachet of soy sauce. Delish. Thank me after you've tried one.

Soba.jpg

Passing Lidl this morning and it seemed a shame not to add another 10 to the existing Rosti pile.Rosti.jpg

I wonder how many would be kicking off if their kids were fed this cr£p at school?
Good food isn’t hard to cook in or outside a camper.

Back