Head Unit Wont Go Back In

Skyliner33

VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Legend
I can remember seeing posts about fitting head units but for the life if me I cant find again.
I've fitted one of these to the back of the head unit:

Screenshot 2020-01-04 at 12.09.08.png

Now I cant get it back into place :
1683B6C8-A860-4AEE-B485-72985D810128_1_201_a.jpeg

Any tips or tricks Im missing?

Thanks.

See if you you can push the harness out the back off the headunit space, it's nice and empty under the useless top dash pocket :thumbsup:

Just trying to remember but I think removing the 12v socket in the dash made a difference to help get the harness and your fingers in.

You want to go through this hole, ignore the dodgy edit 20200104_122940.jpg

It's the top dash pocket not the lower ones, it's full of heating controls and all sorts down there

i Cut out the rear section :

Audio Upgrade Stage-2 - Vibe Micro Amplifier Plug & Play - How I Done It -

upload_2019-12-12_11-49-11-png.56215

well three cuts with the multi-tool had that pesky rear plastic part removed and opened up a world of space behind the radio . . . =]

this was the piece we cut out . . . . .

upload_2019-12-12_11-50-21-png.56216

with everything refitted we were back to this - a fully OEM factory look, but with better speakers and small amp . . .

you need to push it down and behind the heater controls

you need to push it down and behind the heater controls

Strange, must be some differences between the dashes then!

Will it go down like Deaky suggested?

Tried that @Deaky almost got it in but each time it got blocked about 1cm from sitting correctly. Gave up in the end, partly because I will need to take it out again When the rest of the wiring is finished. Hopefully will have better luck. Otherwise might need to enlist some helpers at Caffeine and Machine.

What's the harness for anyway? Headunit looks oem?

It will fit, but tight

We supply amp adapters that do not have the iso plugs on them, so makes them easier to fit

It will fit, but tight

We supply amp adapters that do not have the iso plugs on them, so makes them easier to fit

:thumbsup:
I will have another go when I have finished the loom that runs from the amp to the speakers, so I wont need to cut or join to the OEM loom at all.

View attachment 57600

Ours do not have the bits marked in red, so slimmer

Thanks, I can tuck those bits out of the way quite easily so I dont think its those ISO connectors. Will be having another go next weekend if the weather is ok and I've sourced the plugs and pins for the speaker end of the loom I'm making.

Back