Head unit issues

Lee Mc

Hi I have a 65 plate T6,

Basically the head unit is having a mind of its own, it seems to select a radio station or make a call all by it’s self, it’s got worse the past few days, I’ve tried to reset it with holding down the left volume button, and re booting it, it’s ok for a few hours then goes back to how it was.

Does anyone have any idea on how to fix it before it gets a hammer treatment.

Hey bud.
random point and not of much help to you but my new works car has just started doing this recently also. I for some reason got the feeling it was my phone not the head unit tho. I’m using the apple X. Just to be doubly sure have you tried disconnecting the phone from the radio to see if it helps?

Hey bud.
random point and not of much help to you but my new works car has just started doing this recently also. I for some reason got the feeling it was my phone not the head unit tho. I’m using the apple X. Just to be doubly sure have you tried disconnecting the phone from the radio to see if it helps?
Hey yeah rebooted it and disconnected the phone, but after a few minutes it goes nuts, I think it’s a screen issue.

I was hoping loads of people have had an issue and then it’s VW issue and not just isolated.

it’s booked in with VW so hopefully they will replace it and not charge the full amount, as it’s a £1000 replacement. Not keen doing that every 4 years

Last edited:
Back