Has Anyone Placed A Rib Altair In A Different Position?

Hi.. threads a little bit old but hoping somebody can help me. I’m just about to purchase a SWB t32 4motion conversion - fitted with a RIB 112 bed using the Kiravans designed certified rib seat installation system ? (No idea what that means) and iv read that they aren’t suitable for 4motion vans.. can anybody shed light on why this is please ? Il be carrying a young child in the van so want to be sure it’s safe before I buy
The bed has 7 fixing points. The Kiravans fixing kit has a reinforcing bracket which bolts to 2 rear fixing points. The is no issue with this. One of the other 5 fixing points is on the off-side near the rear of the bed frame and this probably clashes with the rear diff offside mount.
possible ways round this
1) Fixing bolt not fitted
2) new fixing hole drilled in the bed frame away from the diff mount
3) whole fixing kit is moved forward or back to avoid the issue
Hope that helps you ask the right questions. There’s not an issue with the main kiravans bracket.

Simon

Thank
A quick forum search reveals that someone tried to do this and one of the mountingpoints for the rear differential is in the way
Havealook underneath and compare to the banwy image
A quick forum search reveals that someone tried to do this and one of the mountingpoints for the rear differential is in the way
Havealook underneath and compare to the banwy image
Thankyou for the reply - they look the same to me ?

9C1C5640-82C2-49CB-85F2-444018906913.png

71D5BB1E-BB5A-4E54-A500-063454DC73EE.png

The bed has 7 fixing points. The Kiravans fixing kit has a reinforcing bracket which bolts to 2 rear fixing points. The is no issue with this. One of the other 5 fixing points is on the off-side near the rear of the bed frame and this probably clashes with the rear diff offside mount.
possible ways round this
1) Fixing bolt not fitted
2) new fixing hole drilled in the bed frame away from the diff mount
3) whole fixing kit is moved forward or back to avoid the issue
Hope that helps you ask the right questions. There’s not an issue with the main kiravans bracket.

Simon
Massive help thanks very much ! They look the same to me.

6146B3C7-FEC7-43E0-8C55-EC727BC37C1D.png

8E35A7A6-CDAC-472F-9709-41CC333C3909.png

Yes - the potential issue is nothing to do with how that red bracket is fitted - it’s to do with where the other mounting holes in the bed frame end up and whether the offside rear mounting hole clashes with the diff mount.

Ahh right I see - at risk of sounding stupid here, but how would I check this ? Would it need to be on a ramp or inside the van. Absolutely clueless

Back