Power Sliding doors & a RIB

Blasam

VIP Member
Good Morning All,

Long time lurker and new 17’ T6 owner. I’ve jumped in the back this morning to start investigating what’s what as I plan to start building a camper and I’ve run into my first head scratching moment!

When I was viewing the van, I seen it had power sliding & latching doors. Like a magpie drawn to all things shiny, I thought “ooo fancy” and carried on looking around it. This morning I’ve jumped in the back to remove some plastic side pods in the rear which the owner couldn’t tell me what they were, nor did I know, to find power sliding door motors behind them! Bugger. Right where I want to put units and a RIB.

So my question is, has anyone any experience fitting a rib with these in place, does the bed foul the pods? If so, can manual doors be retrofitted? It’s a twin slider so I assume my units will just hide the offside pod.

Thank you all in advance!

EC8C2A34-9FCD-48EC-9135-7F723E25D9A8.jpeg

D042C2E1-D115-4E6F-BD7C-8A4BCBF55899.jpeg

Yes it can be done, but it is tight.
But this was done with ourselves building the units from scratch so we could tweak the depth accordingly.
If buying a flat-packed units then adjustments will be needed. But I'm not sure if anyone offers a flat-pack kit for a twin side loader ( you have just given me a idea haha )
The rear cushion on the rib bed still rubbed over the pod when you adjusted the angle of it, but not to much pressure to cause a damage or a issue.

Most beds have more than enough clearence, Mine has twin electric doors and no problems with the bed.

Cheers both, that’s reassuring. I have had a play this afternoon, took the motor off and the door moved freely somewhat with the power latch still working no problem. Could be a solution if all else fails

Back