Has anyone had a 84ps remap?

xtpv

Has anyone had this map on this engine? How did you find it?

I’m thinking about potentially remapping my measly 84ps t6. from shopping around it appears most predict large gains from around 83bhp to around 175bhp, including Pendle who predict 155bhp,

From research they all mention that it is the same engine as a 102ps, however it is ‘tuned down’ now I don’t know how true this is but my concern is a gain this much could cause issues later down the line in relation to reliability etc. Of course I also realise the 5 speed gear box isn’t as robust as the 6 speed or again am I just thinking into it to much?

3B7A2EFB-2419-47B6-BC8B-49A3459D6AB8.png

BE207B5E-0BC4-4E92-AF5A-364C12CF9C72.png

Don’t do it is the general consensus. Gearbox and turbo can’t take it

Has anyone had this map on this engine? How did you find it?

Me & my lad both have 84ps vans, his is a T5 and mine an MY18 T6, both full camper conversions.
Mine almost never drops below 40mpg and on a good run its towards the 50s.
I often tow a motorbike trailer with one or two race bikes on board, no problem whatever.
Whether they are "as slow as a snail" is down to your personal perception, we both find 84ps perfectly
adequate in modern traffic and we cruise at normal motorway speeds without a problem.
The suggestion that you "have to hammer them" is simply untrue.
Mathematically if you were to double your 84ps to 168ps, you'd only get 25% more speed anyway.
Personally I'd strongly suggest you first try the van as standard, if nothing else it familiarises you with
a reference performance for any future remapping.
/2p
Cheers
Phil

Hi Guys , T6 , 2018, 84/85 hp , euro 6 , SWB van, tidy , and was about to buy but dealer has just test driven prior to my visit and says very nippy , it’s been chipped.looked into it, I was told by Revo not advisable on the euro 6. .?
any feed back as want to buy this van. Ps I’m in europe ..
also anyone know if ok in France to have an engine remapped ? Sorry for all the asking info .
Just trying to find out to what hp it is now ?
Daft question maybe , but can you down grade with out issues , as was happy with 85hp.

Thanks DXX, had a scroll through cheers.
Perhaps my question now is any issues /feedback in last 3 years anybody , turbos ? Gearbox trouble ?
Just found out it’s now 150hp.

Thanks DXX, had a scroll through cheers.
Perhaps my question now is any issues /feedback in last 3 years anybody , turbos ? Gearbox trouble ?
Just found out it’s now 150hp.
@wayne Cooper I've merged your thread with a similar one so see the earlier posts - these may help.
You could ring Revo or one of their dealers and ask them - @BognorMotors is one who may be able to advise?

Thanks for reply, i heard that Revo had turbo issues in development trials on the 84 hp. So won’t do it as unreliable .
I see a few other firms still offer the conversion.
just don’t find any complaints in any threads .. of failures ?

I guess it all depends who's pushing the pedals.

Wheelspin away from every junction and red line in every gear and things will be put under strain. Enjoy a little extra torque now an again, exercising some mechanical sympathy and you'll be fine.

Just because it's remapped doesn't means it's producing double the power all of the time, only when the foot operated potentiometer is wide open.

I guess it all depends who's pushing the pedals.

Wheelspin away from every junction and red line in every gear and things will be put under strain. Enjoy a little extra torque now an again, exercising some mechanical sympathy and you'll be fine.

Just because it's remapped doesn't means it's producing double the power all of the time, only when the foot operated potentiometer is wide open.
Totally agree, I will plod with the van done my pushing peddles hard In years gone by.
The van has already been chipped I’m about to buy it . Just trying to buy some confidence , and IF I’m looking at an iffy purchase . Always difficult I know, it’s second hand.
thanks for input reply.

I have an 84ps which i got remapped via a pendle agent. Its made an amazing difference and will now go up hills easily even with full camper conversion. Just dont hammer it all the time, using the torque when only needed and should be fine

I have an 84ps which i got remapped via a pendle agent. Its made an amazing difference and will now go up hills easily even with full camper conversion. Just dont hammer it all the time, using the torque when only needed and should be fine
Thanks for reply, how long has it been done if I may ask. . Is it the euro 5 or 6 ?

Thanks for reply, how long has it been done if I may ask. . Is it the euro 5 or 6 ?
Only been on 4-5 months. I dont hammer it as from standing the acceleration wasnt too bad, its more the midrange when u need tonovertake or go uphill that it makes a massive difference. Not really noticed any change in MPG. Its a euro 6

Only been on 4-5 months. I dont hammer it as from standing the acceleration wasnt too bad, its more the midrange when u need tonovertake or go uphill that it makes a massive difference. Not really noticed any change in MPG. Its a euro 6
Thanks for reply , ok great info …

How is it now you are approaching 18 months since the remap? We are consideing getting this done too, but we are worried that we might overwork or burn out the engine / gearbox / turbo etc.

Surely there must be advice on what other parts can be upgraded to overcome the issues associated with remapping, i.e. a new turbo etc.?

Back