Handy hints

Texxaco

T6 T32 204 DSG on SoLow 3H Air remapped to 257PS
VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Legend
Having searched the forum I thought that a handy hints thread would be good for all those quick tips we all learn along the way.

My tip:

My van is a Kombi, the rear seats kept making a metal on metal clanging sound when I hit a pothole or bump, the fix, where the seats lock into the fitting bars in the floor, wrap some Teva cloth tape over the connection bars and hey Presto, gone is the metal clanging sound when going over bumps.

Last edited:
Get to the point where your nearly out then wait for the offer, then order :thumbsup:
True, but I was aiming at gadgets and accessories. I fell into the trap of buying loads of sh1t that I thought would be handy, but never used. After our first 12 months with the van, we went through it ruthlessly & binned all the stuff we never used. We now have more space for stuff we actually need, mostly food & booze:whistle:

Having searched the forum I thought that a handy hints thread would be good for all those quick tips we all learn along the way.

My tip:

My van is a Kombi, the rear seats kept making a metal on metal clanging sound when I hit a pothole or bump, the fix, where the seats lock into the fitting bars in the floor, wrap some Teva cloth tape over the connection bars and hey Presto, gone is the metal clanging sound when going over bumps.
Great tip. I've been wondering what the very loud rattle was since we got the T6. It always went away when people sat on it.

Top tip: long drive ahead … freeze a spag bol or a chilli con carnie. Pop it in your cool box and it will pull down the temp like nothing else. Throw a few beers around it when travelling. Cool box isn’t overworking; supper is ready for a heat-up and beer is just the right temperature!

Back