Half ply, half carpet

Jonathan Tompkins

I'm not having a full camper conversion as I need the space for day to day work. I like the sound of carpet lining for when I use it as a camper van but I'm worried it would easily scuff up and be hard to clean down near the floor. The kit I carry isn't filthy but it is occasionally dirty or damp.

Has anyone had the lower half ply lined and the upper half carpeted without it looking rubbish?

I have seen plastic trays in estate cars to protect the interior and, assuming that you find something suitable, you might be able to carpet to the floor - using the tray to protect the carpet when necessary. Search the web using "car boot plastic tray" and click "images" to see what I am talking about.
Richard.

Good idea but I'd rather have something more permanent, hence the half ply up the walls and the rest carpet. I'm sure it'll look ridiculous though.

Aren't some of the guys offering laminate or aluminium composite panels? Could that be a solution to think about?

What about a vinyl, something to easily wipe. How high up would you need to be plain?

Ok, if it were me, id consider checkerplating. Durable and if gone right woild look better than plain ply

Back