H4 to H7 Headlights?

Has anyone heard anymore about these from transporter HQ?

Winter is coming so it won't be long until 50% of the threads on here are about rubbish H4s :)

I'm also not a fan of the dotted LED's. Besides, this upgrade is to fix the 'tealight' issue, not issues with DRL's. I'm not sure how long I'll be able to resist upgrading as the standard H4's are by far the worst headlights I've ever had on a vehicle. I can't understand how they can even be legal! But I wouldn't upgrade to ones with dotted DRL's, especially not if I'll be spending over £2k!! @Pauly, is your kit solid LED's, out of interest?

I'm also not a fan of the dotted LED's. Besides, this upgrade is to fix the 'tealight' issue, not issues with DRL's. I'm not sure how long I'll be able to resist upgrading as the standard H4's are by far the worst headlights I've ever had on a vehicle. I can't understand how they can even be legal! But I wouldn't upgrade to ones with dotted DRL's, especially not if I'll be spending over £2k!! @Pauly, is your kit solid LED's, out of interest?
Technically is not my kit it's the genuine VW led headlights same as you get from the factory, I just assemble all the bits and make up the required wiring to install them but no they are not dotted but give a more linear line of light

Technically is not my kit it's the genuine VW led headlights same as you get from the factory, I just assemble all the bits and make up the required wiring to install them but no they are not dotted but give a more linear line of light

Yep, that's exactly what I would want....the OEM ones! I don't think I'll survive winter with the standard H4's!!

Transporter hq have just announced theres will be available in November, the video clip on instagram makes them look half decent.

I have gone a slightly different but almost equally expensive route (only because I can't help myself and wanted something different). Should not only be bright but also look fantastic.
00:28
How much? I could be tempted with those. They will cover up all the square LED modules with a diffuser or something to hide them though won't they?

The price depends on how far you want to go, I have gone a bit ott! You could just send in you H4 headlights and have a xenon replacement for far less but I wanted something individual and then got carried away! you would need to email Trups at Emtuning for a price on your specific requirements. As to the diffuser I am not sure to be honest, I think thats the finished article.

Last edited:
I think he takes the pics without the glass on, as there's too much reflection and refraction to see the detail of the job otherwise.

I can't work out what half of things on the list mean, but particularly "fog lights in the inner reflector"? Does this mean using fog lights as side lights? Wouldn't that be too bright, and they're too high to legally be used as fog lights. I do like the idea of the projector lights.

I can't work out what half of things on the list mean, but particularly "fog lights in the inner reflector"? Does this mean using fog lights as side lights? Wouldn't that be too bright, and they're too high to legally be used as fog lights. I do like the idea of the projector lights.
The fog lights are led and I asked for them to act as a high beam flash so if I flashed someone to let them out it would be an instant light rather than what for the xenon to heat up. They are set to low beam and will work on high and low beam. So you will have all 4 on in the low beam and high beam them in high beam proper the shutter lifts on the xenon to give a full spread of light.

Last edited:
The demon eyes are effectively the drl and is a rgb high output led back light that lights up the rear of the main (outer) lens, this is default to white so as to be legal but can be changed to any colour at will, the angel eyes are the white halo ring behind the cowl that act as the side lights. Hope this clears it up a little!

So they can fit xenons to the housing? That does sound appealing
He basically opens the headlights puts in a complete housing, lense ballast ect in place of the halogen lense/reflector, then alters the wiring to suit.( I have over simplified this massively by the way!)

I did see them on Instagram Alan they look amazing :thumbsup: He does do great work

Over simplifying massively is the best way with me :D They sound amazing, when do you get them, interested to see what you think of them in real life use

Over simplifying massively is the best way with me :D They sound amazing, when do you get them, interested to see what you think of them in real life use
I am hoping they will be with me this week and fitted the weekend after next as I am away in the caravan this weekend, I have a dipped grill and front badge to fit at the same time. I will of course post some pics and some night before and after pics:thumbsup:. (sorry for the grill @Fish!)

Back