H&R Anti Roll Bars

YellowHound

Photographer
VIP Member
T6 Legend
Just back home after having H&R anti roll bars fitted. Have to say that I am very pleased with the difference that they have made. I think they've knocked the B14 ride quality back a tiny amount (really do need to drive it more to be sure) but the handling now feels very neutral. Time and more miles will tell but it might now have entered the 'fun to drive' category.....

I had them fitted at their stiffest setting.

Where did you have them fitted? Am probably going to do the same but want the same place to lower my ride height a bit more (also on B14s) at the same time

After covering about 180 miles over this weekend on a mix of roads, including many miles on twists, I am deeply impressed with the improvement brought by the H&R bars. The van feels so very 'neutral' in its handling now compared to its previous strong understeer. So much more confidence inspiring and nice to drive.

Good morning guys.
I will install the H&R ARB on my T6 150 Caravelle.
I have on mine standard coil with OEM spring -20mm. I'd like try it to reduce the roll of the car. I don't wont change the coil or spring for now. (The car is brand new)
I check OEM ARB on mine are front 23mm end rear 24mm.
The rear I think is quite easy job..
For the front I dont know. Anyone know what parts I have to remove? Just the wheels and the ARB brackets or is necessary to remove the engine sub frame or other parts to swap with the one one??

Thanks in advance..

Regards

Just wheels and ARB brackets - no major pieces to be disturbed.
Your challenge will be getting the van sufficiently high to work safely and effectively.
JPL Automotive did a great job and charged only £420 incl for the job - that's only about £60 more than the cheapest price I could find the parts alone.......

Remember that if you have LED headlights you need a different ARB part number, as it has the auto leveller brackets on it. @StudleyGlass is the best man for the part numbers as he's figured this all out, cos he's a clever chap.

Thanks for the reply.. I have the standard lights. No led...
But with the new ARB the van high from the ground will be the the same as OEM or it will be higher?

Regards

Your ride height should be the same as standard @stefano12 .

As @DaveyB rightly points out, there is a different bracket on the rear ARB , for LED equipped vans to allow the auto leveler to be attach.

Booked in to have H&R arbs fitted in 2 weeks, looking forward to feeling what difference they make

Just come back from having H&Rs fitted. Absolutely sheeting it down and a large box containing the old ARBs in the back restricting any spirited driving, so couldn't tell any difference on the way back. A little annoyed though, when I rang to book it in I asked if they could lower the B14s a bit more, and in particular lower the rear, which was a fair bit higher, to match the front and was told no problem and that was the best time to do it now they will have settled, I even filled the water tanks at the back so that it could be levelled under max load. When I picked it up it was parked on very uneven ground and biblical levels of rain so I never thought to look, but now I'm home it's obvious the ride height hasn't been touched :( It's a 5hr return journey so I'm not going back, but I've been recommended a place nearby in Doncaster so I'll see if they're able to sort the ride height

Be really interested in your opinion on this @andys once you've had a better chance at confirming road holding/ body roll. Especially as you have had the B14's on prior to H&R ARB's, you'll be able to paint that fuller picture to us of the difference that each component makes, as the only other person that I know to have both of these elements is @StudleyGlass but he got them both fitted at the same time so is less able to translate what improvement each part brings to the fore.

Be really interested in your opinion on this @andys once you've had a better chance at confirming road holding/ body roll. Especially as you have had the B14's on prior to H&R ARB's, you'll be able to paint that fuller picture to us of the difference that each component makes, as the only other person that I know to have both of these elements is @StudleyGlass but he got them both fitted at the same time so is less able to translate what improvement each part brings to the fore.
@YellowHound who started this thread has also done this :thumbsup:

Just wheels and ARB brackets - no major pieces to be disturbed.
Your challenge will be getting the van sufficiently high to work safely and effectively.
JPL Automotive did a great job and charged only £420 incl for the job - that's only about £60 more than the cheapest price I could find the parts alone.......
You’ve not done to bad with that price, I paid £500 + VAT + Fitting from @BognorMotors

Last edited:
Back