H&r 50mm springs

Mine is very tail high, the 15mm difference looks much more across the whole whole length of my van. Your Kombi looks quite balanced front to rear.

It's interesting that they sell springs as having a given drop over standard , especially as my Kombi was like it was on stilts against all the others I looked at. I know that there's a big variety of weight carried but it would be helpful to have a better way of knowing how your van is going to look with the various different springs fitted.

So after a few days driving on country roads and motorways I am very happy with the H&R 50mm springs, they dont like speed bumps or pot holes much but guess that was to be expected but overall the van feels comfortable and the handling is improved.

Really interesting post, I have booked mine in for next month to have 50mm H&R springs fitted, due to as previous comment "feels like its on stilts", also my 87 year old mother has to use a step stool to get in and out (bless her).
The conversion garage has not mentioned wheel alignment?, and I am also still a little unsure about any warranty issues and what BennyBoy mentioned about speed bumps and the dreaded pot holes. Hopefully I will be changing wheels to 18's soon I think 20's would be to much?
Any feed back would be gratefully received...

T32 Highline kombi 150ps 17 plate

At present for reference
Front 458mm Rear 463mm

Now that's really chucked a spanner in the works !!!

Sorry. I thought it might, but you have to take into consideration what weight people are carrying, specially if they are full campers. Mine is boarded out for work purposes using 18mm ply, and I always have my kit in the back, but I wouldn't say i'm anywhere near my max load.
Just shows you there can be very little difference between the 30mm and 50mm springs in certain vans.

So after a few days driving on country roads and motorways I am very happy with the H&R 50mm springs, they dont like speed bumps or pot holes much but guess that was to be expected but overall the van feels comfortable and the handling is improved.

I fell the same way about the 50mm Eibach Springs regarding speed bumps etc

I fitted H&R 50mm lowering springs on my T28 a couple of weeks ago.

I'm really happy with them. I was expecting quite a harsh ride, but it's not at all. I'm still running standard 16" rims / tyres (with 20mm spacers), and whilst the ride is firm, it's still supple enough to absorb general bumps comfortably. I agree with BenBoy that it does bang a bit over pot holes though! I'm still running standard shocks with no issues.

IMG_20180404_105204029_HDR.jpg

That looks nicely balanced Dubya, and reassuring that its not to harsh a ride, my bus is booked in next week for the same and I have been assured it will not need to be realigned, will take a before and after photo and report back on my verdict.

Does anyone know where I might be able to pick up 40mm for the front and 50mm for the rear as I’m not planning on carrying much more than a bed and a mountain bike? Thanks in advance, it’s a 2016 t28 high line btw

H&R's and front splitter fitted just two weeks ago, and can only say i am well satisfied with the improvement to the ride, although a bit more bumpy, I have been told that the upgraded anti roll bars will make even more difference ? (might try that later on) . I think the ride heights, are all subject to certain factors such as wear on shocks etc, however mine are now 415 front and 423 rear.new before.jpg new after.jpg Top image before, bottom after (if you could not tell)

Looks great ......Im getting mine done next Saturday and cannot wait ! :thumbsup:

We are always happy to try help on any suspension questions if we can (info@chillijamvans.co.uk) and sell most parts here

Chilli Jam Vans VW T5 campervan conversions in Cornwall -
Hi, I’ve a 2016 t28 highline and was wondering if it’s was possible to put 40’s on the the front and 50’s on the rear as I’m not adding any real weight to the van, so it’ll sit higher at the back with 40’s all round. Would you be able to supply something like that?

Hi, I’ve a 2016 t28 highline and was wondering if it’s was possible to put 40’s on the the front and 50’s on the rear as I’m not adding any real weight to the van, so it’ll sit higher at the back with 40’s all round. Would you be able to supply something like that?

Hi Wombferret. Thanks for the enquiry.

In theory yes it is of course possible to fit H&R 40's on the front and 50's on the rear.

However, they are supplied only as a set of four, so you'd have to buy two sets of springs. The resale on these is easy enough as there is always demand for individual spring sets.

The 40's are available in four different sets. A combination of light duty and heavy duty which is available on both the front and rear. 50's are only available in two sets. Light or heavy for both axles.

You probably require the lighter spring set on the rear as yours is a T28, just need to check your axle weights though to confirm the front set required.

Suspension is a pretty in-depth subject, if you wanted to discuss all of the aspects of suspension combinations and the pros and cons please feel free to give me a call tomorrow on 07813761028

Brett.

@Chilli Jam Vans
Hi - just had a frustrating visit to VW dealer for first service.
Asked about changing springs as rear looks like its sitting low.
Its a T30 LWB Highline with a rear end kitchen so lots of weight on tail end.
Basically they were useless - said they couldn't help as didn't know what weight was etc. so couldn't help me?!!
Was wanting to balance front and back so any advice?

@Chilli Jam Vans
Hi - just had a frustrating visit to VW dealer for first service.
Asked about changing springs as rear looks like its sitting low.
Its a T30 LWB Highline with a rear end kitchen so lots of weight on tail end.
Basically they were useless - said they couldn't help as didn't know what weight was etc. so couldn't help me?!!
Was wanting to balance front and back so any advice?

From what I know, the only way to balance the front and rear is B14 or other coilover sets because you will have the full adjustment independently front and rear. Even if you're running or prefer stock height, I assume they can give this look, but with the advantage of adjustability and better comfort than stock.

Back