So my driver's seat heating has stopped working again. Quick check with multimeter and it's confirmed, open circuit on the backrest element only.
Previous repair is in 100% good working order.

View attachment 131456View attachment 131457

I won't be paying hundreds of quids for the same unit so now it is time to hunt for inexpensive alternative.
The failure was not a single spot o_O
20211017_145012.jpg
20211017_151005.jpg

Plug re-crimped to keep compatibility with the rest of origial wiring.
Seat fully assembled and installed back in the vehicle.
Test performed and it works:cool:.
Nice and worm :thumbsup:.

Plug re-crimped to keep compatibility with the rest of origial wiring.
Seat fully assembled and installed back in the vehicle.
Test performed and it works:cool:.
Nice and worm :thumbsup:.
just got the same issue on my 2016 caravelle alcantara pass seat. the part code you show above is i think the seat base, do you have the part code for the seat back too? mine has gone too! thanks

just got the same issue on my 2016 caravelle alcantara pass seat. the part code you show above is i think the seat base, do you have the part code for the seat back too? mine has gone too! thanks
For the backrest I have used 7E0963557C.

Reactions: mmi
For the backrest I have used 7E0963557C.
perfect- thanks

Hi to all,
I own a multivan T6 2017 with electric leather seats. My driver front seat does not heat anymore. I'd like to check the resistances but there are so many wires, I don't know the ones to be checked. Any one would have electrical drawings? any one would have a tutorial to remove electrical seats from the car?
Thanks!

... any one would have a tutorial to remove electrical seats from the car?

Wiring-wise you need to locate these 2 plugs.

Screenshot_20211126-210145_Photos.jpgScreenshot_20211126-210130_Photos.jpg

Bigger one brings power supply to seat base heating element and also sends temperature feedback to the controller.

Smaller one interlinks (in series) the seat base heating element with the back rest heating element.

Hi to all,
I own a multivan T6 2017 with electric leather seats. My driver front seat does not heat anymore. I'd like to check the resistances but there are so many wires, I don't know the ones to be checked. Any one would have electrical drawings? any one would have a tutorial to remove electrical seats from the car?
Thanks!
save yourself a lot of time and effort.. if there is power in the connectors above and you are confident the connectors are sound then just buy the replacement elements.. the filaments are so small that i couldnt solder them, nor could a sparky mate of mine..
There are a pair of elements on ebay right now at £100 less than VW will charge you (£245!)..

Bend over...

very cheap

Wiring-wise you need to locate these 2 plugs.

View attachment 137713View attachment 137714

Bigger one brings power supply to seat base heating element and also sends temperature feedback to the controller.

Smaller one interlinks (in series) the seat base heating element with the back rest heating element.
Hello Robert.

Thanks for your reply
I have checked my driver front seat and there is power on the connector. So I believe I will need to replace the 2 pads.
My seats are leather seats. Do you know if parts are different for fabric/leather seats?
I started to check how to remove the seat base. It doesn't look very easy on my leather seats.

save yourself a lot of time and effort.. if there is power in the connectors above and you are confident the connectors are sound then just buy the replacement elements.. the filaments are so small that i couldnt solder them, nor could a sparky mate of mine..
There are a pair of elements on ebay right now at £100 less than VW will charge you (£245!)..

Bend over...

very cheap
Thanks Deanord. I've checked 14Vdc on the plug, meaning that the elements are damaged. Not sure if the parts you sent me would fit leather seats.

Hello Robert.

Thanks for your reply
I have checked my driver front seat and there is power on the connector. So I believe I will need to replace the 2 pads.
My seats are leather seats. Do you know if parts are different for fabric/leather seats?
I started to check how to remove the seat base. It doesn't look very easy on my leather seats.
You really need to read this entire thread.
Everything has been already explained and shown. I have got leather seats and I have successfully replaced heating elements and used the ones dedicated for fabric upholstery.

You really need to read this entire thread.
Everything has been already explained and shown. I have got leather seats and I have successfully replaced heating elements and used the ones dedicated for fabric upholstery.
I thought your seats were alcantara?
My seats are full leather. And looking at your seats pictures, mine don't have the iron plate under the seat base but has springs directly below the foam.

I thought your seats were alcantara?
My seats are full leather. And looking at your seats pictures, mine don't have the iron plate under the seat base but has springs directly below the foam.
Yes you are correct, my seats are not full leather but alcantara.
The main thing is that your heating elements are exactly the same as mine.

do what Robert said.. mine are alcantara too.. they work perfectly now!
Its not difficult to remove the trim.. the base is very simple, 2 bolts, disconnect the trim at the front only and the pad pulls out up and forwards. The seat back can be a pain, just take your time.
The c shaped rings need patience to remove and refit but they are simple enough once you work them out. use 2 pairs of long nose pliers, one to open them and 2 to close.. (one holds it while the other closes the ring up again.) It took me 2-3 hours to do the lot.
DON'T turn on the ignition while the seat is removed if you have airbags in the van tho...

Hi all
The heated drivers seat on my shuttle stopped working last winter.
Checked fuse one for each seat located under passenger seat. One fuse blown but replacing the fuse made no difference. Must have blown as the element failed.
I removed and stripped the driver seat.
I had no obvious signs of failure but open circuit when testing for resistance.
With the seat out I checked the back panel for resistance it was good so knew it was base panel that had failed.
Warming the glue for the heated panel makes a big difference as suggested previously.
I held the panel against a window and performed a bit of an ex ray lol.
It was easy to spot the break like this. I opened the material with a blade and soldered the broken ends together. It was in one of the recessed parts. Seems a common failure point.
A few pics to show which wires give the circuit to test for continuity.

Window inspection

Repair to wire

Continuity check on brown and brown/blue this is for both back and base elements you need to check them individually to determine which had failed.

7E1B9E77-4D35-48B6-A25F-6FFCFA6F0CCD.jpeg

914AB5D9-0C60-459C-A9CB-2BFAFD958455.jpeg

3A394D6A-7418-466F-88BA-6C23E50E5F2E.jpeg

72509888-338E-4F8C-832D-C0844C1C47D9.jpeg

9AA83749-17C3-40FA-9EA4-569048CC782F.jpeg

My drivers seat has stopped working, looks like im in the same boat! :rolleyes:
Not sure whether to attempt a repair or not

Attachments

• Log-SEAT ERROR-WV1ZZZ7HZHH168531.txt
    1.3 KB · Views: 17
I appreciate this is an older thread, but am looking for some help with my 2016 caravelle front heated seats. Neither are working, fuse sc27 is ok (changed for good measure) and today an auto-electrician has told me I need to have both seat elements replaced.

My question is; are the seat base and backrest elements connected? If not, what are the chances of all four elements failing together?
Or if the seat base elements have failed, will that stop the backrest(s) heating up too?
TIA.

Seat base and backrest elements are connected in series,
so if one failes(burnt path --> open circuit) both won't work.
Additionally it is very unlikely for both to fail together.
Underneath of seat base there are two connectors T4 and T2.
Both elements can be checked and verified individually.
Easy job when you have ohm meter and piece of wire.
Screenshot_20230126_213446_Samsung Notes.jpg

"What is the chances of all four failing" about zero i would say. As the back bap and the seat pad are connected in series to create one big loop of wire if you get a break in either of the pads (back or base) the whole seat stops getting hot.
It is possible that both seat pads have failed. Mine (Shuttle not Caravelle) has 2 fuses in a separate fuse holder under the passenger seat that are extra fuses for the heated seats, one of mine blew s the seat pad failed so worth checking those too.

Thanks for the replies.

I have checked fuses under the passenger seat and all good, so will test the elements individually with the two plugs and hopefully identify where the failures are.
I know the drivers seat was working until recently, but the passenger heated seat has rarely been turned on….so they may not have failed together.

Back