Grabber At3 Tyre Pressure

Jimmi

Television Lighting Engineer
T6 Guru
I’m running 235 55 18 can anyone advise on the best front and rear pressure please

Jimmi,
Depends what you're doing with them ?
I ran the same tyre in the same size as you for 70k on 2 different vehicles.
Different pressure for different driving.

Id run 45 in the front and 48 at the back. I dont carry much in the back but do tow 2.5 - 3t most of the time. I run 45 and 50 as the trailer tyres handle their own load so to speak.
I dont think theres much in it to be honest. I just know the truck rides well, handles the lumps n bumps of farm tracks etc brilliantly and last really well.
A few PSI here and there im sure wouldnt make much difference.

I've just had some 235/55/18 fitted and wondered what the go to pressures were please? I've been recommended 40-42 psi all round so far.
I've got a SWB T6.1 T32
Any thoughts people? Thanks

I've just had some 235/55/18 fitted and wondered what the go to pressures were please? I've been recommended 40-42 psi all round so far.
I've got a SWB T6.1 T32
Any thoughts people? Thanks
Anyone else running this setup? Be interested to know your pressures.
I run an empty van most the time. Thanks!

Reviving an old thread...
Anyone else run the same set up as mine? Interested to know pressures and what load you normally carry.
My van is empty most of the time although it has now been insulated/carpeted etc and had 4 seats fitted in the back.
Not sure if upping or lowering my pressures a tad will give me a slightly nicer ride too. I've been averaging 30mpg since swapping to these tyres/wheels - is that normal? I used to get closer to mid 30's I think.
I have TPMS so each time I get in the van I get a tyre warning which is annoying. I think seeing the pressures for my original Devonports is confusing me somewhat hence asking around in here.
Any feedback appreciated. Thanks!

Anyone else run the same set up as mine? Interested to know pressures and what load you normally carry.
My van is empty most of the time although it has now been insulated/carpeted etc and had 4 seats fitted in the back.
Not sure if upping or lowering my pressures a tad will give me a slightly nicer ride too. I've been averaging 30mpg since swapping to these tyres/wheels - is that normal? I used to get closer to mid 30's I think.
I have TPMS so each time I get in the van I get a tyre warning which is annoying. I think seeing the pressures for my original Devonports is confusing me somewhat hence asking around in here.
I run 40 all round.... similar set up to you. Does a few psi really matter? 40, 41, 42..… Unless you're sand driving etc...

Your TPMS issue may be because the Devonports had the sensors in the valves/wheels. What age/model is your van?

The increased fuel consumption may partly be due to the difference in rolling radius with the AT tyres, which will throw out your actual mileage. Also the ATs will be heavier, requiring more energy to accelerate/slow.

I run 40 all round.... similar set up to you. Does a few psi really matter? 40, 41, 42..… Unless you're sand driving etc...
Thanks for your reply.
A few PSI doesn't matter although I don't really know what they should be in the first place as they're not the original VW set up. My fronts are currently at around 45/46 psi and the rears are 42.
The reason I ask is that the tyres already look quite flat to me but I'm worried about adding more air and making the drive harder and affecting the wear in the centre of the tyres.
Do you find that when you fill up with air at a garage that the nozzle doesn't fit your valves properly and all you do is lose air? I've resorted to using a foot pump at home for now!

Your TPMS issue may be because the Devonports had the sensors in the valves/wheels. What age/model is your van?

The increased fuel consumption may partly be due to the difference in rolling radius with the AT tyres, which will throw out your actual mileage. Also the ATs will be heavier, requiring more energy to accelerate/slow.
Hey thanks for your reply. I took the TPMS out of my Devonports and moved them over to my current set up. The computer reads them OK but obviously the pressures are different so it throws up a warning each time. My van is a SWB 2020 T6.1 Highline Kombi.
I always track my mileage through an app so I know it's accurate. Not sure what the computer says in the van though. I'll check later out of interest.

When my grabber at3 where fitted I asked about best pressure.
Was told 48 all around if I find them a bit soft add a couple of psi and if i find them a bit hard remove a couple of psi..
When i drove off I instantly noticed they where a softer more comfortable drive..
At present I run mine at 47 all round.
Really happy with the tyre choice..
T32 SWB.

When my grabber at3 where fitted I asked about best pressure.
Was told 48 all around if I find them a bit soft add a couple of psi and if i find them a bit hard remove a couple of psi..
When i drove off I instantly noticed they where a softer more comfortable drive..
At present I run mine at 47 all round.
Really happy with the tyre choice..
T32 SWB.
Thank you. Wow that seems such a big difference to me. I find it strange that some of us were told 40psi all round and you were told 48.
I might try 40 all round for a few days and then up it to 48 and see if I can tell the difference. Like I say, my tyres already look really low so it feels odd to take even more air out

I agree.
Even at 47psi my daughter said your tyre looks low. 40 seems v low to me.

My tyres are only 17's but these are my set pressures I run at although they do change a bit with the climate and driving.....tyres sit well and the van drives very well with these so no complaints. :cool:

IMG_1270.jpeg

These were set by BMVS when they did the mods, im happy with them at that..everything good. :thumbsup:

These were set by BMVS when they did the mods, im happy with them at that..everything good. :thumbsup:
I wonder if that’s because they’re 17’s? Mine were set by BM too but they set them at 40/42. Mine are 18’s though

What would be the lowest tyre pressure for onboarding on a ferry? If I drop them to 29psi i can fit the 1m95 height class, and save some euro's

Back