Goose poptop

Who are ya? Does that roof have a glass window?
Start at post #225 on this thread:-

You'll get the idea (I hope!)

So are we saying that @tiuk362 posted a year ago pretending to be a customer of the company he runs/is promoting ?

Something weird going on here !
Pretty sure that's the case.

Found this on Companies House...

Note the directors:
  • Timothy Ian Andrews (tiuk362)
  • Luke Winters (a Luke was mentioned previously by tiuk362)

If they are BS'ing it's a shame, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say that back in Oct '22 when @tiuk362 went to see the 'Luke' he was so blown away by his craftsmanship he went into business with him and started a Ltd Co with him in Jun '23

Which would explain him being both customer (originally) and now manufacturer of said roofs (which look mind-blowing by the way!)

Stranger things have happened

If they are BS'ing it's a shame, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say that back in Oct '22 when @tiuk362 went to see the 'Luke' he was so blown away by his craftsmanship he went into business with him and started a Ltd Co with him in Jun '23

Which would explain him being both customer (originally) and now manufacturer of said roofs (which look mind-blowing by the way!)

Stranger things have happened
But how do find a company with no website and no social media presence in the first place?

btw, not suggesting this is a scam or that the product doesn't exist or is crap, just that the "marketing strategy" seems a little odd and probably in contravention of a number of forum rules.

But how do find a company with no website and no social media presence in the first place?

btw, not suggesting this is a scam or that the product doesn't exist or is crap, just that the "marketing strategy" seems a little odd and probably in contravention of a number of forum rules.
Post #227 of this thread

Explains that the Luke is developing the product before going to market with the roofs (a jolly sound business plan in my opinion) also that the OP had found the Luke through the 'dub scene' again a good way of testing things in the scene before committing to all the hassle of marketing something that might not have a market...

Any way I don't want to bad mouth anyone, seems like a good bunch of chaps to me that are just about the take the lid off the poptop market (see what I did there?!)

Post #227 of this thread

Explains that the Luke is developing the product before going to market with the roofs (a jolly sound business plan in my opinion) also that the OP had found the Luke through the 'dub scene' again a good way of testing things in the scene before committing to all the hassle of marketing something that might not have a market...

Any way I don't want to bad mouth anyone, seems like a good bunch of chaps to me that are just about the take the lid off the poptop market (see what I did there?!)
Yeah, read that thread at the time and, back then, thought it was a bit odd. You may be right, but I suspect some slight underhandedness has occurred - nothing too sinister, most probably with the intention to gauge interest and garner feedback from a wider dub audience. I'm sure Tim can explain all.

For the record, I've no skin in this game - I have my roof, so I'm not in the market.

So are we saying that @tiuk362 posted a year ago pretending to be a customer of the company he runs/is promoting ?

Something weird going on here !
Not really mate i was so impressed with the quality of what Luke designed I invested in the company and now a director,roof will be released in February 2024 look out for us in vw bus magazine.or come to are new workshop in hailsham where you can checkout are new roof.

Not really mate i was so impressed with the quality of what Luke designed I invested in the company and now a director,roof will be released in February 2024 look out for us in vw bus magazine.or come to are new workshop in hailsham where you can checkout are new roof.

View attachment 220959
It's true then, you're a real-life Victor Kiam! Apologies for doubting you.

Back