Good night pack blinds fitting - pictures?

gergely

VIP Member
Hi all, I’m looking to buy the blinds which are in the good night package for Caravelle/Multivan. Much more expensive than aftermarket ones so I want rest assured they’re as good as they can be before spending the money.
So, do you have any pictures (own or from the internet which I was unable to find) of them being fitted? I wonder how perfect fit they are, how much light they let through on sides and how complicated it is to install and remove quite often.

They were a very rare option. I did try to find some for mine but decided it wasn't worth the cost (time and money) though if you have found a good source...

There is a picture of someone on the forum that had some fitted, I'm sure I saw it in the last day or so...

Ah, here

Ah, here

Thanks mate.

It does indeed seems very rare and quite expensive even second hand. Wondering whether it is worth it and leaning towards no… If they don’t block the light from coming in then it’s quite easy to have smth similar bought aftermarket or even DIY.
What I’m after is the quick and easy fitting and removing. In few minutes I want the van from being drivable to sleep-ready and vice-versa. With the windscreen and tailgate parts it doesn’t seem to be the case though…
But I want no holes drilled in trims so curtains are not an option I’m afraid. 1st world problems but this keeps me scratching my head.

I have a set that came with my Caravelle - they're not great tbh, maybe if you only used them a few times a year they'd be OK.

1000006487.jpg

The middle and rear window ones are ok, they use the pull up blinds and hook over the top:

1000006488.jpg

The front side windows are pop up tent-alike, they're meant to sit inside the recess.
1000006491.jpg

The front and rear use tent poles and then hook into the trim on the rear, and just sit in the window frame somehow for the front.

1000006489.jpg

Tbh if you don't want to make any holes then these might be a good option, with practice I'm sure you could get them up in less than, ooh... 30 minutes?!

I put them in once and then packed them away again. They're not blackout but they do reduce the light by a decent amount. I'll get some pics tomorrow in the daylight.

I'll be installing some van-x Caravelle curtains in the next few months, along with a cab divider curtain. That and a windscreen cover for longer stays will be the perfect solution.

Edit: holy **** there's a set on eBay and they're asking £400! o_O they can't be worth that, surely?!

Last edited:
Finally someone who has them! Thanks @TallPaul_S very useful info. If you can make some photos in daylight that would be the icing on the cake.

TBH I’m not closer to get convinced about the purchase with your comments about beong able to install in 30 minutes . Being in EU I try to source them here and £400 is really a crazy price for them, €300 is closer to reality. But still more expensive than simple suction cup thermo mats @ around half the price (which are a fuss to install and remove) and quite similar in price to a set of curtains for which some drilling is required and as mentioned previously, I’m not ready for that (yet?).

Going to check out the van-x curtains now that you have mentioned them…

This is our solution, though it's more for making the back dim for the younguns to sleep on the way back from roadtrips

I do have a basic front screen cover too and back thermal but never used those in anger yet.

I haven't found anything Caravelle related on their website currently...
These are the T6 ones, T6.1 has the same interior panels I think?

These are the T6 ones, T6.1 has the same interior panels I think?

Alrighty, I was redirected to the EU website where there's none. And as for 6.1 vs 6 they must be the same, yes.

That was sold a few months back, sorry! It went with the 3 seater bench seat.
Good guess then but wrong timing. Moving on to find another one.

You might find some third party multiplex boards and components here:

I've used them for some rail clamps and a tailgate stand off

Back