Golf seats fitted

The YouTube videos are how to on the t6 seats but I think its just a case of pulling up the material on the seat back and fixing the armrest brackets to the seat frame. It definitely can be done though.
AH, I was assuming the frame for the golf would be different to the T6 so the armrest brackets wouldn't fit.

These are the type I used, was just a case of lifting the cover - the Audi seats don't use hog rings which is a bonus - remove the airbag and plug the hole with some foam then just bolt brackets to the seat back frame at the height you want - I went for a little higher than the armrests on my oem seats as they always felt too low to me - pull the cover back over and cut out for the brackets to protrude through the leather then bolt on the arm rests. The ones linked to are easy to disassemble if you wanted to cover them in fabric or leather, I never bothered as they match the seats as they are and wipe down easily.

AH, I was assuming the frame for the golf would be different to the T6 so the armrest brackets wouldn't fit.

These are the type I used, was just a case of lifting the cover - the Audi seats don't use hog rings which is a bonus - remove the airbag and plug the hole with some foam then just bolt brackets to the seat back frame at the height you want - I went for a little higher than the armrests on my oem seats as they always felt too low to me - pull the cover back over and cut out for the brackets to protrude through the leather then bolt on the arm rests. The ones linked to are easy to disassemble if you wanted to cover them in fabric or leather, I never bothered as they match the seats as they are and wipe down easily.
Thats the ones i bought last night but they were £36. If they didnt work, well its not a huge amount of money to lose but good to know they will fit :)

Thats the ones i bought last night but they were £36. If they didnt work, well its not a huge amount of money to lose but good to know they will fit :)
They're actually really solid and the curve on the end is more comfortable than the oem ones, I did use a washer under one side of the bracket to get them to sit perpendicular to the seat backs but other than that took no more than half hour to do both seats.

They're actually really solid and the curve on the end is more comfortable than the oem ones, I did use a washer under one side of the bracket to get them to sit perpendicular to the seat backs but other than that took no more than half hour to do both seats.

Hi, apologies for hijacking this thread but I’ve just brought some gtd seats for my T6 but could someone give me some advice on what to do with the 2 wires in the image. Guessing ones for the side airbag?. Thank you for your help

6430A73E-71A6-4A75-BA70-65E43661DB4B.jpeg

798E9E24-2265-4C7C-8817-DA909E01C242.jpeg

Hi, apologies for hijacking this thread but I’ve just brought some gtd seats for my T6 but could someone give me some advice on what to do with the 2 wires in the image. Guessing ones for the side airbag?. Thank you for your help

View attachment 131108

View attachment 131109
Do your existing seats have airbags? If not you'll want to lift the covers and remove them then plug the hole with some foam or similar. If you do have wiring in for an airbag you may be able to connect them up somehow, this could rule out armrests however. As for the other wire, do the golf seats have electric lumbar adjustment?

Do your existing seats have airbags? If not you'll want to lift the covers and remove them then plug the hole with some foam or similar. If you do have wiring in for an airbag you may be able to connect them up somehow, this could rule out armrests however. As for the other wire, do the golf seats have electric lumbar adjustment?
I’ll double check my van seat in the morning but sure there is just one black connector under the seat. New golf seat has manual lumbar adjustment

I’ll double check my van seat in the morning but sure there is just one black connector under the seat. New golf seat has manual lumbar adjustment
Could be seat belt sensor, also some VAG seats have a light under the rear to illuminate the rear foot well, could be that? Best to flip them over and follow the loom.

Could be seat belt sensor, also some VAG seats have a light under the rear to illuminate the rear foot well, could be that? Best to flip them over and follow the loom.
You are spot on, had a look and they are seat belt sensors. Checked the van seats too, no airbag. I’m not planning to fit armrests so could I leave the airbags in place and just cable tie the yellow connectors out of the way or is there a reason why they need to come out?. Had a quick look removing the seat cover, managed to unclip but was struggling to gain access to seat inners, super tight!!. Maybe there a hack to getting the seat cover off/up!

View attachment 131108

View attachment 131109
Yellow plug definitely the airbag, do not connect unless you have air babes fitted.
The seat belt sensor doesn’t have to be connected. Warning light only works if connected.

Yellow plug definitely the airbag, do not connect unless you have air babes fitted.
The seat belt sensor doesn’t have to be connected. Warning light only works if connected.
Hi
Hi Biturbo, thank you for that. I’m going to use the same set-up as you, adapter plates from Steve etc..Can you remember what size bolts you used and did you need washers too??. I’m guessing I will need 12.9 grade?. Thank you

Hey guys just wondering would the 2017 MK7 golf seats work and would they run off much the same concept with using a plate or square tubing to mount to the top of the standard seat box. Thanks guys

13F64DBA-FE1F-4D50-9C04-8E6D22843108.jpeg

Have a look here...

I looked at these but I'm not sure it works out any cheaper than buying a T6 seat.......by the time you get seats £400, arm rests £200 per pair, arm rest brackets £50, seat base brackets £200.

Back