Golf seats fitted

They look great... however you lose the arm rests which are a must for me.
Any way to retro fit the arm rests?

Maybe ! Just fitted another set with twin swivels.
I’m sure there will be a little alteration to fit arm rests but it’s goto be achievable.
Will keep thread updated.

Another option is to have the golf backrest seat foam fitted to your van seats, might work out cheaper.

Just checked ebay - you can get a whole mk7 interior for the price of a single passenger captains chair (with change!)

Was chatting to Rob at busfest about the gti seats and loved them. Just got back from Birmingham after buying a full set ( front and back )of gtd ( grey tartan ) seats. Great condition but bit smelly for £190. Will be having them recovered in leather and red tartan when I can figure out a way of adding arm rests first. Had them from Facebook market place which seems cheaper than ebay. Will be watching this thread closely to see if someone beats me to it. Fab that swivels work too

Was chatting to Rob at busfest about the gti seats and loved them. Just got back from Birmingham after buying a full set ( front and back )of gtd ( grey tartan ) seats. Great condition but bit smelly for £190. Will be having them recovered in leather and red tartan when I can figure out a way of adding arm rests first. Had them from Facebook market place which seems cheaper than ebay. Will be watching this thread closely to see if someone beats me to it. Fab that swivels work too
If you do work out how to add armrests dont forget to document its and do a how to.

How comfortable are car seats in a van? I made an office chair out for a RST Recaro and that was crap. I figured that car seats were shaped to be mounted lower down with your legs stretched out, whereas a van (or an office chair) is higher up.

How comfortable are car seats in a van? I made an office chair out for a RST Recaro and that was crap. I figured that car seats were shaped to be mounted lower down with your legs stretched out, whereas a van (or an office chair) is higher up.
I sat in Steve's van with gti seats at busfest last week and they were far more comfortable than my t6 seat. What they're like to drive in, I don't know.

I did have some Vauxhall insignia seats in mine and had this exact problem, the back rest was lovely but the base just wouldn't allow you to spread your legs far enough. I've since replaced them with some heated leather seats from a 2016 Audi A6 which work perfectly for me and were a doddle to add armrests to.20210108_161706.jpg

They are spot on ! The brackets give the correct steering wheel centre. Took me a while to get right.
The seats are a little low but it soon sorted with the seat height adjuster.

Just checked ebay - you can get a whole mk7 interior for the price of a single passenger captains chair (with change!)
Correct that’s the whole point, buy a seat base, brackets and two nice seats for less than a single passenger seat ! And of course swapped out with no mods to original bases. Just bolt in and go !

Another option is to have the golf backrest seat foam fitted to your van seats, might work out cheaper.
That’s if you already have single seats, this is more for those with a single and a twin who want two singles.
Purchase a seat base around £130, brackets £175 and seats @ £400 approx. That’s half the price of a single passenger seat if you can find one that matches your drivers seat.

That’s if you already have single seats, this is more for those with a single and a twin who want two singles.
Purchase a seat base around £130, brackets £175 and seats @ £400 approx. That’s half the price of a single passenger seat if you can find one that matches your drivers seat.
Good points. Do you know how to fit the armrests?

I had a look on ebay last night and the proper arm rests are ridiculous money. I ordered a set of two cheap ones (£35) so once they arrive, can let you know. There are videos on YouTube how to add arm rests but it's the oem ones, not the cheapies but it shouldn't be much different. There are one or two threads on here too showing the gti seats with arm rests on as well.

Oh yes, I had mine a couple of days ago and from a mk6 gtd and they were only £190 off Facebook. £10 to have them cleaned yesterday so a very cheap upgrade for a lovely looking and comfy seat.

I had a look on ebay last night and the proper arm rests are ridiculous money. I ordered a set of two cheap ones (£35) so once they arrive, can let you know. There are videos on YouTube how to add arm rests but it's the oem ones, not the cheapies but it shouldn't be much different. There are one or two threads on here too showing the gti seats with arm rests on as well.
Do you have a link to the vid? I cant find it.

Back