Going to take the plunge!! Need some reassurance this isn't an expensive mistake! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Okay thanks for the info.

Was that recently?

In automatic?

What style conversion?
6 speed 150ps. Startline.
Conversion was done well. i bought it second hand. Not sure who did the conversion but they used quality branded products that all the folk here talk about.

Hi @Greylag80 I would think really carefully about parting with 65k to make sure it’s exactly what you want and a good deal.
Is it a camper you want or might it be better to run a day van that can carry everything you need for a family of 4 like awning/tent along with everything else? Gives you a bit more flexibility and this is what we went for in the end as a family of 4.
For 54k there is a van on this forum for sale @M1TCH for example that is brand new, has all the extras that most people think of getting, and is a blank canvas to do wherever you want with.
Have pm’d you as well to go into more detail of the above.

Just seen one on Denby campers same spec with tailgate brand new for £61000
Don’t get me wrong I know nothing about campers or the builders but gees £65000

My Sportline was £53k including vat. Plus £12k would end up being the £65k. That would be a brand new bus so therefore the one being advertised is too dear.

Not sure where 12K for conversion came from? If you look at Camperking website I was sure (and from other posts and calculators) that the cost would be circa 18K to 20K. Someone recently had posted that their camper conversion was 35K!

Base van therefore around 45K ( might be van and alloys / exterior mods etc)... End of day you are paying for convenience of having something all complete and good to go!

If you're looking for a CamperKing, and can squeeze into a SWB, there is one for sale at 25seven campers, with a tailgate, 1 year newer, less miles and a fair bit cheaper than the one linked.
I’m in the process of buying a SWB Birchover classic from 25Seven and been super happy with the process (and the conversion) so far

A couple of years ago I paid around 26k for a quality Knights conversion....then what seems like another 26K on accessories! :whistle:

Have a look at Cambridge Campervans. SWB Highline, 150bhp DSG for £60ish. Build quality and service is excellent. Aim for a highine as it has more 'car' features that are very expensive to add later (parking sensors, rear camera, air con) They have a couple coming in stock soon. I love mine, which I use as my daily driver. Whatever you decide you wont regret it.

£46k!! Absolutely joke. Materials can’t be no more than £7k, labour rates £200 per day. If it takes one guy 30 days to do that’s £6000.
No wonder people do it themselves!
£7k??
Reimo Variotech 3000-£3k
Reimo LWB poptop £5k
Webasto heater £1k
VB air suspension £5k
Full leather re-trim £2k

And that’s before we’ve mentioned bespoke furniture/electrics/insulation/lining/Full OEM LWB glass/lithium.
I think your £7k is as far off the mark as £46k tbh

I meant what do these people pay for things. Massive mark up in Scene Tax!

£7k??
Reimo Variotech 3000-£3k
Reimo LWB poptop £5k
Webasto heater £1k
VB air suspension £5k
Full leather re-trim £2k

And that’s before we’ve mentioned bespoke furniture/electrics/insulation/lining/Full OEM LWB glass/lithium.
I think your £7k is as far off the mark as £46k tbh
I maybe missed something but I didn’t think we were talking about VB Air Suspension, or Leather Retrim, not exactly must haves on my list and certainly not in a standard conversion

I maybe missed something but I didn’t think we were talking about VB Air Suspension, or Leather Retrim, not exactly must haves on my list and certainly not in a standard conversion
maybe not, I was just pointing out how a conversion can easily get into £30k+ territory given the will & the budget. Most conversions will include bed/roof/furniture/heater/lining/electrics/some mods to suspension/wheels etc. There’s not much change out of £20k for that lot. You’re certainly not going to get it done for £7k

My vans conversion cost £25K back in 2018, I think there are huge differences in converters spec’s and standard of work, don’t forget it’s not just what’s on show.
Unfortunately there are converters cashing in with lower quality vans charging top rates. The biggest con being a dressed up Trendline / lower spec’ engine, many are wowed by wheels and fancy two tone paint without regard for the actual base vehicle they are spending 50 plus K on.

Back