Going Faster Around Corners...

50mm thread length Radius ones here for 15mm spacers

4 x M14 x 1.5, 50mm Thread, Radius Locking Wheel Bolts (Zinc) | eBay

55mm or 60mm are hard to find with radius seat

so for 20mm spacers heres a few ideas

convert 1 bolt to a stud making sure you have the correct length of course and a locking Nut

M14 x 1.5 68mm Stud Conversion Bolt to Nut for Audi Black 4027816466321 | eBay

or buy 60mm tapered ones and take a collar off a std bolt and use it on these

4 x M14x1.5 Wheel Locking Bolts, Tapered Seat, 17/19mm Hex, 60mm Thread Length | eBay

not sure if that will work,,im going to experiment on a bolt collar

Last edited:
Right, I've had the B14s and 18" wheels (Momo Revenge 8.5 x 18" std ET) then H&R ARBs so now go round bends to the point where all of the campervan accessories ie. pots, pans, kettle and cutlery are turning into debris in their respective cupboards, thing is after a couple of thousand miles it's already shredding the "Ditchfinder Hero" tyres on the front and it occurred to me today that maybe I'm going to lunch the wheel bearings prematurely too?

If it helps illuminate the mindset here though, while admiring Agnes parked up today at Ivinghoe Beacon I couldn't help thinking that the back wheels did still look a little bit shy hiding under the arches a bit more than the front wheels did in their respective arches however wheel spacers will surely increase my fears of the previous paragraph further so my questions would be, do I rotate the wheels and wear out all four Ditchfinders instead of just the front two and what size spacers and where from, plus will I need longer bolts including security ones?:whistle:

I'm interested to know if the ARBs made a big difference to the handling as most people seem to get both coilovers and ARBs at the same time....

@goldeneye243 every mod has a definite effect on the handling chap.

I'll be honest after having the beefier ARBs fitting the handling is now erring towards "sporty" ie. slightly clattery on a poor road surface like you would get with a warm hatch like an ST Focus over a cattle grid for example, this is great ie. still tolerable if you're driving on your own but proving to be a bit of a ballache as I've now got an intermittent whine from the intermittent passenger side of the van:rolleyes:

Realistically in retrospect I could have left the van with just the B14s and the 18" wheels... probably just the B14s really if it wasn't for a bit of vanity (shiney wheels) and I was strictly targetting the shocking handling of the stock van.With the B14s the handling of the van was altogether more predictable with none of the bouncing, lurching and seesawing but a level of comfort too, the thicker ARBs have taken away probably half of that comfort but given a flat as a pancake roll free hurtle through bends when required.The tyres will suffer obviously and ultimately the van will drift slightly offline if you're showing off but then on the original suspension it would have probably already have fallen over or you would have pooped yourself, most likely both!:sick:

Short version, the B14s restore driver confidence, the ARBs encourage you to drive like a hoonigan.:sneaky:

Back