Glow Plug Warning Light.?

Para J

T6 Pro
Just coming out of York this morning and the glow plug heater light started flashing. Called VW they said it was ok to drive as no loss of power and no other lights on. Now at home waiting for a VW tech to come and check the Sandy out.

Had this fault this morning, drove 35mins on limp mode to my intended destination. Switched off engine.. when I came to leave the fault had reset upon starting.. headed to VW for a check and found no fault code current.
Pervious fault code was a bi turbo faulty sensor.

Reset and cracked on.

Just had same thing on B887 in North Harris in Outer Hebrides on 14 mile single track road with 1 in 4 hills everywhere and not a flat bit at all. Managed to limp slowly up a hill to a safer place and called VW assist. Said they’d send someone. Turned off engine, restarted fine, no warning light. Cancelled call out and headed for civilisation pronto! Fingers crossed a one off glitch. Will get error code checked in VW garage at some point.

On the plus side, a Golden Eagle flew really low over the van.

I've had this error today, we were heading south on the A1 towing a caravan and doing 60'ish uphill on cruise control. I accelerated to overtake a wagon and nothing happened! I dropped to Drive, into manual mode, geared down and it still wouldn't budge so I floored it but the engine revs topped out at 3k.

The speed kept dropping until we were doing about 40 on the flat in limp mode so I pulled into services and parked up. My Carista wouldn't work, as the 30-day trial had expired and it wouldn't connect to iTunes so I could purchase it :( I gave up eventually and headed off home to find all was fine again, no flashing glow plug light and no limp mode so fingers crossed it was just a glitch.

By the way, the oil temp hit 115 about 20 minutes before, could this have been anything to do with it?

Screenshot 2019-04-20 at 21.25.36.png Screenshot 2019-04-20 at 21.25.42.png

Sounds like the van put its self into limp mode, to protect its self...

Possibly triggered due to the strain on the engine.... towing,uphill. Etc etc.

If it cleared on a key cycle then that should be fine.... with no hardware damage.

But I'd get carista paid for and check All those fault codes to be 100% sure there are no gremlins.

The most obvious reason would be a leaking airhose/loose joint. The turbo builds up quite good pressures when accelerated.

However, interestingly the P0299 in the general OBD2 faults section doesn't match with the VW specific fault codes seen in engine section. The VW equivalent should be (0)5171.

I managed to purchase the Carista subscription earlier but can't find a resource for checking what the codes relate to, any suggestions?

Screenshot 2019-04-21 at 21.44.43.png Screenshot 2019-04-21 at 21.44.46.png

Wow... that's a random set of codes....

2256 is something electrical plugged in when the van is sleeping.

Not sure about the others as they are so random as a collection...have you had a low or flat battery at any point?

You could just clear all the codes and see what comes back . . . . . If any.

Wow... that's a random set of codes....

2256 is something electrical plugged in when the van is sleeping.

Not sure about the others as they are so random as a collection...have you had a low or flat battery at any point?

You could just clear all the codes and see what comes back . . . . . If any.

I have a cheapo dashcam plugged into a 12v charging point on the driver's seat, which is live 24/7, which explains the 2256 code. This might have contributed to the low battery, I cleared/reset them all yesterday and have been out in it today so will do another scan :)

I've had this error today, we were heading south on the A1 towing a caravan and doing 60'ish uphill on cruise control. I accelerated to overtake a wagon and nothing happened! I dropped to Drive, into manual mode, geared down and it still wouldn't budge so I floored it but the engine revs topped out at 3k.

The speed kept dropping until we were doing about 40 on the flat in limp mode so I pulled into services and parked up. My Carista wouldn't work, as the 30-day trial had expired and it wouldn't connect to iTunes so I could purchase it :( I gave up eventually and headed off home to find all was fine again, no flashing glow plug light and no limp mode so fingers crossed it was just a glitch.

By the way, the oil temp hit 115 about 20 minutes before, could this have been anything to do with it?

View attachment 41569 View attachment 41570
Hi, I had a similar scenario, towing twin axle family dogs etc, glow light flashing, no loss of power no EML light, Oil temp up to 122 degrees, got home been fine for the last few days.

Hello i have vw t6 2017 dsg and i have this error a have change the 2 oil pressere senzor but the same error i get when i push more power4BF2A420-1C1A-49FB-9899-B3FAD3FBB95C.png

Back