GLIND heat exchanger... shower

T6DSGChris

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Hi has anyone used these? fitted to a transporter?

seen today, at one of my customers who does 4x4 stuff etc and are becoming the uk distributor for these...
im intrigued if anyones used etc or done anything with these as they look quite good!
use the engine coolant heat to get hot water on the van etc...tap or shower vibes....

thoughts?

glind.jpg

I thought about fitting a small plate cooler but there isn’t much space under the bonnet. I wouldn‘t be keen on extending the engine cooling system too far to a remote heat exchanger as it’s more to fail. That said a couple of ball valves could be used to isolate in the engine bay when not in use.
I really only use hot water for showers and I can heat that on my Wallas in a fairly short time.

Genius Idea I think... be ideal for a shower after a long day driving etc, I'd give one a go for sure!

Sure there was someone on here that had modified a Webasto heat exchanger heater for hot water in the van? I have an electric water heater that works fine but I would imagine a heat exchanger type like this would allow you to use a larger hot water storage cylinder.

im currently on this vibe...2000w 4000w surge invertor on my van already...
off grid have engine running to support
guys at propex siad ok to have on whilst driving....

im going to have a go with cheap enough...and simple to hook up to the sink power etc...self contained unit... thinking whaere to put water tanks though under as have the night heater and also wanted an lpg tank....

Back