Webasto Evo diesel heater and hotwater cyclinder install. Advise and help

djmeeg

Tailgater
Hi everyone, I am currently converting a T6 SWB into a camper. As I am planning on spending alot of time in the van ie travelling in europe when complete. I wanted to do without gas. I have webasto x100 stove whch runs on diesel. I wanted to see if anyone has had the experience of retrofitting a websasto evo coolant heater. As I would like the ability to use the heater to heat the cab and also run lines into the water heater tank which has a coil for cooliant to flow through and heat the water. It also has mains element for when on shore power.

I am just wondering if anyone could offer any help as to which coolant lines from the photo I've attached of the coolant lines going into the cab heat exchanger. Which is the direction the coolant goes ie which is in and which is out ? Is this the best place to join the webasto heater and coolant lines to the water tank?

I ve also tried to google any workshops or places that would be able to perhaps help in fitting the equipment. I am in manchester so anywhere local would be big help if anyone has any recommendations? I've tried PF Jones today several times but can't get through to them.

webastoevo.jpeg

calorifier-connections.png

Coolant lines heat exchanger.jpg

I also though about doing the same but opted for a far simpler and cheaper solution for use on my Wallas hob When doing long trips.
To avoid too much weight on the hob I heat a smaller quantity of water hotter than I need and add cold to the required temperature.
It’s a ex army cook pot in stainless steel, unused. I use it for showers with a Whale GP1002 submersible pump / 12v portable shower. It also gets used for laundry.
I don’t use the lid.
You can easily get two decent showers and enough for dishwashing out of one session.
It doesn’t take up too much space as other equipment can be stored inside it.
I have one more of these for sale if you are interested I can provide the dimensions.

44271007-4F8C-4CBB-AE8F-C6AE98104199.jpeg

C30DEF06-7509-4FA3-AABF-6DECCAC8BF5C.jpeg

666A3EF5-E3EE-4771-B9D5-EDDD67502228.jpeg

2F5F1C95-F336-495B-921E-D850036612FE.jpeg

Interesting as I've ordered a rear heater so my coolant lines will run underneath the floor. That's a lot of kit to fit into / underneath a van but a great idea. I will do so research on that heater exchanger tank.

Back