VW towbar wiring kit DIY issues.

I believe terminal 15 is a reference to an ignition live which would be the middle row of fuses in the lower dashboard fusebox

I have the cables connected to the fuse box under the seat, I am looking for info on the vehicles fuse box, on the instructions it states Terminal 15 or chamber 22, I am assuming that the reference is to fuse number 22 which has a 5amp fuse in it as I can't find any reference to terminal 15 on the fuse box. Has anyone fitted the VW wiring loom who can advise please.
I

Hi this is how I sorted my lighting plug on my t6 bmotion
Brought a £30 cam bus relay took fused live feed from batt in conduit to rear remove grommet under bumper,unscrew rear light lense feed cable up through hole through grommet feed 3 core from other light up over down out of same hole through grommet bring 7 core cable ftom tow plug through same as live feed.
So now you have 7 core cable 3 core from opp side live feed from batt all hanging out of hole behind left rear light make connections to lighting wrap relay in insulation tape push relay through hole,and insulated wire connections replace crommet re fit light lense job done,I took my tow bar off T5 re fitted to t6 left previous relay on T5 so whole job cost me £30 and about 3 hrs of my time,fitted side sport bars pria so while I had plastic guards of I installed live feed in conduit before re fitting guards hope this may help someone I've done this to my last 2 transporters without issue
So it's had 4 years in service

£520 just for the parts ?
I paid less than that for supply and fit !
Includes fitting, but will check around to see if I can get a better deal in this neck of the world....Prices in the Plymouth area are probably cheaper!!!!

How did you get on with this @Joe Hughes? I'm also confused by this terminal/chamber thing. I've taken advice from paulys post and gone with a fuse in the middle tow which is live with the ignition. Can you remember what you used?
Cheers

Help.
Like others I thought buying the genuine VW kit would be the sensible thing to do....WRONG!
All the parts are there but the instructions make the instructions on chinese burglar alarms look childs play. It also does not help when the cables are intended to be insterted in a supplied block which of course has no indentification on ANY of the intended sockets..... I am convinced this is a marketing excercise by VW to teach us NOT to DIY!
(Rant over) can anyone assist with a towbar wiring diagram for a December 2016 2ltr VW LWB transporter with an auto box.RHD.? The "kit" part number supplied by the local VW stealer is 2070082114 0001.
The problems are all at the front end....the under dash fusebox/BCM/ connections and the underseatbox.
Last laugh...the again genuine VW supplied removable towbar is in fact a Westphalia part! (Wish I hade gone there in the first place.)
any and all help greatly appreciated.

20170826_160431.jpg
20170826_160427.jpg
20170826_160411.jpg
20170826_160355.jpg
Sorry they aren't all the right way up. Hope these help. Genuine westfalia tow Bar kit

Hi @hkmk I don't know where you are but if it's any help I am in Telford (Shropshire) and have fitted the Westfalia version on a 2016 LWB T6 and coded it with VCDS I suspect that this and the VW version are more or less the same as the unit has VW software and internal part number visible on VCDS.

Rod

I’ve got the above instructions, but point 17 - Take the fuse protected wire out of chamber 22 and out of chamber 30 and insert it into the 1 pin housing located at the cable harness.. So I add both the wires from 22 and 30 into the single 1 pin??

I think its Fuse 22 if you have a T5.1 or Fuse 30 if its a T6
All you are basically doing is joining your cable into the existing wire in 30 but VW way is to remove and use their loom connector

Hi There ,
I have the same question regarding the point 17 . I own a T6 so its supposed to remove the camber 30 . Can anybody confirm its the right thing to do?
The second problem is with the fusebox under the driver seat I dont have . As there are 3 red wires for 3 fuses it looks the best solution is to buy the genuine fusebox where to insert the 3 wires . Do you have the genuine part number for that fuse box?
The one mentioned in a previous post , 000055212A , does not look like it has 3 slots .

Please could i ask those who fitted the PF Jones electrics. What did you do with the blue wire / blue black wire for pin 2 / 2a on 13 pin electrics.

do both wires go in pin 2 or

blue if you don’t want van fog to be cut out

and

blue black if you do want van fog to cut out when towing.
Many Thanks
51793A56-CFF0-4BE2-9676-A269AC8DE2BA.jpeg

Please could i ask those who fitted the PF Jones electrics. What did you do with the blue wire / blue black wire for pin 2 / 2a on 13 pin electrics.

do both wires go in pin 2 or

blue if you don’t want van fog to be cut out

and

blue black if you do want van fog to cut out when towing.
Many Thanks
Did you get an answer to this please, as I am doing the exact same at the moment.
Thanks.

Did you get an answer to this please, as I am doing the exact same at the moment.
Thanks.

No didn’t get an answer, but after a second look at the instructions I noticed the 2A goes to the outside ring terminal. Best of luck with the install.

Also I am yet to get the van coded for the electrics but all the lights work. Just not the extras like alarm sounding, reverse sensor de activation.

another tip, on my 2019 T6 I didn’t need the Polystyrene bumper insert. All the necessary bits were all ready on the bumper.

ok, heres an answer...
i bought this dedicated wiring from pfjones it was spot on and worked great

I'm just fitting standard 7 pin electrics with a buzzer to my 2019 T6
All is working fine apart from the side lights. They come on the trailer and van for a second or two then go out.? Brake lights and indicators work fine.
Any thoughts?

Race Pace , what kit is this ?
is there a canbus converter box with it ?
how is it wired into the van ?

This is a basic kit from eBay. It has a buzzer for the indicators (which works fine). I have connected everything at the rear lights, checked it several times. There is power on the L/H rear lights (grey/black wire) but nothing now at the R/H rear lights (Grey/ Red wire). I also have a warning light up on the dash.

Ok
I have disconnected and reconnected the battery and this seems to have solved the problem. I'm going to fit a 12v relay to run the rear tail lights, just getting a switched 12v feed from "up front".
Any other thoughts greatfully accepted.......

Back