Genuine VW DRLs

Still to be fixed but still will refit with the foam tape again. The surround panel will pull out complete with DRL,s but not when l,ve finished . Will add small stainless steel secret fixings to stop the bas----- .

The new shop looks great when did the carpet matts appear because I have been some for ages

Woke up to find the new shops open for business,looks great ,good job Pauly ! Obviously a lot of work went in to create it but it's paying of now :cool::cool:

Finally able to announce the "new" forum shop is up and running, several additions have been made with more to follow.
If you need something in particular then please send us a message and we will do our best to get it added for you.

The new T6 2017 calendars are in stock available now

We also took delivery of the first few sets of T6 DRLs so these are in stock and available now in the shop

VIP members please see the VIP section for details on available shop discounts

would you know if you can fit the DRL's if you already have factory LED with DRL's .

also, what pics are in the calendar please ?

would you know if you can fit the DRL's if you already have factory LED with DRL's .

also, what pics are in the calendar please ?
The DRLs info sheet says not compatible with LED/Xenon vehicles :(

If you want to see inside the calendar you have to buy one ;)

IMG_0910.JPG

No fitting plan yet. Still at the concealment stage!
The schematic diagram looks logical, however, the kit comes with an optional relay to overcome the bulb-out warning dash light (if indeed you actually get a light-out warning).
Interested to see how others get on with the installation - as I need to get mine fitted as quick as poss once the coast is clear !!! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Had a good read of the instructions and it talks about trimming out a bit of plastic in the engine bay near the battery to make space so guessing its not going to be a 5 minute job !

No fitting plan yet. Still at the concealment stage!
The schematic diagram looks logical, however, the kit comes with an optional relay to overcome the bulb-out warning dash light (if indeed you actually get a light-out warning).
Interested to see how others get on with the installation - as I need to get mine fitted as quick as poss once the coast is clear !!! :rofl::rofl::rofl:
Don't worry, just explain to the Mrs that she has bought you the best Christmas present that a loving wife could ever have come up with, and how wonderful she is to have thought so long and hard about it, as its exactly what you would have bought for yourself. :whistle:;)

Reactions: HHO
So finally installed mine.. must say for the price of the kit I'm actually very disappointed.

I seemed to have way too much cable left once the units were in place. I found that there was hardly any play on near side light loom and also couldn't use the supplied cable joiners because of this. I installed the supplied relay but only because it would have been just my luck that I would get a warning light if I didn't.

Also disappointed that the kit didn't come with the 15amp fuse connector that the instructions say that you need.

The parking sensors were also a pain as the required 18mm hole as per the instructions is useless as the parking sensors themselves aren't circular. Luckily I have a Dremel and a steady hand.

To be fair I prefer the look and quality of the old t5.1 version as these don't even dim when you indicate. That might have something to do with the location of the Drl's in relation to the indicator lights.

I have access to a ramp so installation took about 2 hours. I followed the route of the parking sensor wiring which seemed the easier option. Also with the sump guard removed things were a lot easier. The major time consuming part is cutting into the loom as there is no room.. maybe easier if you remove the headlight but didn't have time to figure out how that comes out.

Good post @Chickybumps
Agree with the lack of fuse! Cheeky buggers!
Am I reading the fitting instructions correctly - do you put an earth wire directly from each DRL light. Instructions don't read particularly clearly (and seem to be contradictory to the schematic drawing)

Hi HHO

The drl lights form prt of the loom so there is only one earth needed. Which is the black wire. I used scotchlock connectors for the threeway splice however have just swapped for wago connectors (so much easier but obviously not be approved).

I have a template for the parking sensors that I can scan or post.. just PM me.

Hi HHO

The drl lights form prt of the loom so there is only one earth needed. Which is the black wire. I used scotchlock connectors for the threeway splice however have just swapped for wago connectors (so much easier but obviously not be approved).

I have a template for the parking sensors that I can scan or post.. just PM me.
Thanks for the confirm about the earth. I'll PM you my email :thumbsup:

Now getting interesting. Due to haveing leds wondering about the possibilities of wiring the DRL s.
The ecu driver has its own timer so when the relay is activated the lights will dim . The relay will stay closed until the power is removed ,then the timer starts and then the light come back on full after approximately 5 secs.
I'm thinking ? What if , remove the ecu driver complete. What's the DRL s running voltage.( could be 350 mwatts)
If each DRL was able to run from its own reduced volt supply thay could be run from relays powered from indicators ,so the trigger would be the indicator on and the relavent DRL would dim. Need to find the running supply voltage before anything.
Thinking , ignition on DRL on full. Lights on DRL s off.
DRL s on , indicators on ,DRL s dim timer cuts in , indicators off, 10 secs DRL s full on .
Sounds easy.

Back