Gear change indicator - remove?

Unimog

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Is it possible to turn the gear change indicator off, on the instrument panel.?

I have fitted larger tyres to my 150 4motion, and find the gear ratios are now out of sink. You have to be careful not to stall in first when pulling away quickly like at a roundabout and ideally be doing 70mph to change into to top (6th) unless travelling on the flat. Otherwise I can hear the engine beginning to labour. To rectify this I am going to have the gear ratios changed by Seikel in Germany which will lower first and second gear by 18% and 3rd - 6th by 10%. This will hopefully improve the drive ability when towing and off road . Due to the ratio change the gear change indicator will be obsolete. Hence wanting to delete it.
The engine has been mapped from 150 -192hp which has helped, but still find you have to slip the clutch on soft ground.

VCDS has a named tick box. However, I haven't tried if it has the effect.
1624450551502.png

Opposite configuration is possible.

Basically older engines don't send gear suggestion to Instrument Cluster(most likely not the case for any T6 engine).
Small piece of hardware can be added to IC CAN-bus and it works, shifting is suggested as required.

Reactions: mmi
Adjust your seat / steering column until the steering wheel blocks the view ffs.

• Haha
Reactions: JOG
Back