Garage Door Dash Button

The dash buttons have set pictures on them so you would need to choose your preference on location/picture as they are all handed then wire it up to a modified fob
Never done one but I assume you would need to strip a fob and solder the fly leads onto the fob where the press button contacts are on the board
I can get the button and connector and make up some cables in the connector if it helps you get there ?

Alternatively you could get a small push button and drill into a blank and wire that up, would be a lot cheaper ?

The dash buttons have set pictures on them so you would need to choose your preference on location/picture as they are all handed then wire it up to a modified fob
Never done one but I assume you would need to strip a fob and solder the fly leads onto the fob where the press button contacts are on the board
I can get the button and connector and make up some cables in the connector if it helps you get there ?

Alternatively you could get a small push button and drill into a blank and wire that up, would be a lot cheaper ?

I was just watching a few clips of Youtube, and it doesn't look that difficult for a steady hand. Are you saying there are buttons available that are a simple dash fit push button (obviously depending on the button location) that have an image of a garage door? You fancy having a go at one if I got the remote to you?

No, there are only set buttons available for each location so you would need to choose either the diff lock or elec side door button for example then use that to wire into a garage fob
The bonus of using a factory button is you can connect it to button next door for illumination if desired but it makes the job a bit more expensive and fiddly or you could buy a generic small push button for a couple quid and wire that in ?
I’m happy soldering so happy to have a go at a fob for you as long as you don’t hold me responsible for the fob if it doesn’t work as I imagine it will be a one way ticket for the fob !

Obviously this will only work for single button fobs, if you have separate buttons for up and down then that will require a bit more thought

Here's my remote. It has all those buttons, but you only use 1 button for up and down. Not sure why it has the others.
Plus I have plenty of blanks to use if an oem switch will slot in one of these.

Sorry to jump in on your thread @Stevemcc I had no idea this was possible, and the remote rattling round annoys the hell out of me.
Welcome to the forum by the way:thumbsup:

20190203_195138-COLLAGE.jpg

If it’s stand alone then should be able to, I think they only reproduce rf signals learnt into them

Anyone have a car with this system fitted and want to send me your vin number ? This is the kind of stuff I like playing with :)

If it’s stand alone then should be able to, I think they only reproduce rf signals learnt into them

Anyone have a car with this system fitted and want to send me your vin number ? This is the kind of stuff I like playing with :)

This is the homelink system, factory option on some stuff. I have it on a Cayenne, but it's unusable for me, as it doesn't support the Hormann BiSecur Rolling code system as per @Tourershine's remote. (If the LED on the remote is blue, you're running BiSecur. If red, you're on a fixed code, and would be supported by Homelink)

Like any factory system, it's integrated into the loom & CAN. I have three push buttons on the overhead console, outputs 1,2 & 3, and the tx/rx is a unit mounted in the slam panel above the front grille. You can get to it in VCDS, I don't think it has a separate ECU but is coded on the Pork equivalent of the BCM. There's a button sequence to learn off an existing remote, if you had one that's supported.

Below photos show the radio unit in the front, you can see it just below the bonnet catch, and the part number in the second photo.

cayenne homelink 1.jpgcayenne homelink 2.png

Here's my remote. It has all those buttons, but you only use 1 button for up and down. Not sure why it has the others.
Plus I have plenty of blanks to use if an oem switch will slot in one of these.

Sorry to jump in on your thread @Stevemcc I had no idea this was possible, and the remote rattling round annoys the hell out of me.
Welcome to the forum by the way:thumbsup:

View attachment 36413

I have the same remote for gates and garage doors. I have the visor clip, so the thing doesn't rattle around. Fits the T6 sun visor without getting in the way.

remote 1.jpg

I'm sure you've seen that the keyring remote is also available. Also sunvisor clips available for these.
remote 2.jpg

Back