Full time van, part time camper

Hi all!

About to pull the trigger on a T6 kombi. My wife wants a camper but a day van suits our needs better now. The van will be her only vehicle and with two young children having them close to the driver up front is important to us, also the ability to have a van day to day appeals instead of a fully laden camper.

The van will have a slide pod and full electrics from the off and we will add a pop top at some point in the near future. It also has front swivel seats.

The only important feature I think we will be missing (happy to be corrected!) from this set up is a fridge. With the two youngsters requiring ice cream every 5 minutes and my requirement for 47 cups of tea a day it’s something we will require. Has anyone got a similar set up and has advice for what fridge we could go with and where it would sit? I want to get the electrics installed for it now whilst the leisure battery and hookup are going in but not sure what to ask for!

Thanks for any help

Maybe if the rear seats were the single 1+1+1 st up, you could remove the single seat behind driver and put a portable style compressor fridge there, and if you get two single front swivel seats this will make more room in camping mode, I’m guessing your get a bed that goes above the slide pod and folded rear seats,

Maybe if the rear seats were the single 1+1+1 st up, you could remove the single seat behind driver and put a portable style compressor fridge there, and if you get two single front swivel seats this will make more room in camping mode, I’m guessing your get a bed that goes above the slide pod and folded rear seats,
Yes it has a fold out bed. Unfortunately we have the 3 seater bench

Back