Full major service & MOT Prices?

This company seems to have been around for years and positive reviews.
Maybe a forum member who has used them recently could post?

Cheers quoted 287+Vat for both. Is there any need or requirement to use a actual VW van centre?

As long as the place you use are VAT registered and use VW spec stuff you'll be fine.

I just paid exactly that last week at JCT VW Sheffield. Once the warranty has expired I'll be going independent.

As long as the place you use are VAT registered and use VW spec stuff you'll be fine.
That's what VW Dartford told me too.

A VAT reg company and had to use OEM VW parts, and followed the VW manual by the book. - any discrepancies will result in a rejected VW warranty claim.

Issues found

Brake fluid change required
Front make crank seal leaking
Fly wheel bolts leaking
Cambelt water pump requires replacement

been quoted over 2k to fix the above! Will be shopping around.

• Sad
Reactions: CAB
Issues found

Fly wheel bolts leaking

Joke! Do your cambelt and water pump - about £650-750. It’s about £100 extra to do the front seal (and reputable mechanics will want to keep the van overnight to make sure it cures properly!) I can’t see the rest costing £1000, eh?!!

Issues found

Fly wheel bolts leaking

I would recommend a call to Oli and Simon at Bognor Motors. Well worth the journey as you can 100% trust them.

I might just do that. Got a quote from VW Cannock a lot more realistic but still more than I’d like to blow on some seals!

Hi, sorry to piggy back this thread, just hoping someone might be able to help with a servicing query. I bought my 2016 T6 in June 2020 from Listers VW and it came with 2 free services. In June 2021 when I took it for a service, I was told it had a 'big' service the year before and only needed a small one, so that's what I went with. I've just booked in again for this year's service and have been told the same - it had a big service last year and only needs an interim one this year (so essentially both of my 'free' services have been small ones). I've got a print out of my service history from VW and it only seems to show 'interval inspection' since 2017. Does anyone know the difference between the interval inspection and oil change service? Should it have had more than one oil change service?

Also, I had the DSG box serviced/oil changed last year but this doesn't show on the service history? Should it be on there?

Service history below:

1649693135968.png

Thanks

An interval inspection is not a service, it's a visual check. VW charge between £0 and £125 for this 'service' depending which robbing t@*ts you go to. If you are in warranty, you will have to have it done.

Hi, sorry to piggy back this thread, just hoping someone might be able to help with a servicing query. I bought my 2016 T6 in June 2020 from Listers VW and it came with 2 free services. In June 2021 when I took it for a service, I was told it had a 'big' service the year before and only needed a small one, so that's what I went with. I've just booked in again for this year's service and have been told the same - it had a big service last year and only needs an interim one this year (so essentially both of my 'free' services have been small ones). I've got a print out of my service history from VW and it only seems to show 'interval inspection' since 2017. Does anyone know the difference between the interval inspection and oil change service? Should it have had more than one oil change service?

Also, I had the DSG box serviced/oil changed last year but this doesn't show on the service history? Should it be on there?

Service history below:

View attachment 152604

Thanks
Looks like they have abbreviated your actual services.....probably should read 'interval inspection and minor (or major) service' etc

Can someone tell me what paperwork you should get after a major service? Ie info on brake pad thickness etc ?

if its via main dealer -

you should get a video link emailed to you. ( showing your van and whats needed - or not )

and a call from the dealer or an email, asking for you to authorise whatever work needs doing.

then after an invoice with parts and labour breakdown.

if its via main dealer -

you should get a video link emailed to you. ( showing your van and whats needed - or not )

and a call from the dealer or an email, asking for you to authorise whatever work needs doing.

then after an invoice with parts and labour breakdown.
Thanks dellmassive. Definitely no video, or test drive. No additional miles on the van. I've got an invoice and the maintenance list with everything ticked (including test drive ironically). But just wondered if there was any further paperwork with values etc on it.

Main Dealer? - which one?

can you post some pics of what they gave you? ( cover you any personal details )

Back