Fuel Flap Delete by Paintworx Loughborough

J88arv

T6 Guru
Hi all

Most know I’ve had issues with the paint on my van being 50 shades of silver!

Well I saved and booked it into Paintworx in Loughborough

whilst it was there I had the petrol flap delete and can safely say it looks epic

Will let the pics do the talking but super recommend them

7A973412-F340-471E-B8D2-EC15853B1F06.jpeg

5DD0FE5B-D5D7-400F-AC04-DF21356EB85A.jpeg

132ADFC8-E08B-4D80-80E1-8013C9595844.jpeg

B7CD30D8-52F9-4FD2-BC56-C1BFC92C7AEF.jpeg

EE905136-63AF-44E4-BB3F-8BD9B3871F2F.png

0AAEC00B-7364-42D2-8A6A-C7F2E6A6299F.png

44A59404-48A8-47AB-812C-C4DFC240F0A5.jpeg

Looks awesome I’m contemplating a full repaint there too, my vans 50 shades of grey, how long did they have your van?

So, you now have to have the door open whilst you're refilling? Not sure I'd want that. Faulty pump, risk of overfill, diesel all over the place?

So, you now have to have the door open whilst you're refilling? Not sure I'd want that. Faulty pump, risk of overfill, diesel all over the place?
And the lovely smell of diesel .... or and AdBlu spill?!!

Looks amazing, could you drop me a message with how much you paid please? I'm considering similar myself.

Thanks

Exactly what I was thinking.
I get the aesthetics of it but I couldn’t be doing with having to stand there with the door open when filling up, there’s usually little enough room as it is between the van and the pump.

Who holds the door open when it's blowing a gale like today?

Been shouted at across the forecourt PA system many a time for having left a door open during refuelling. Didn’t think that the bod on the counter was allowed to authorise the pump with doors/ boots open.

Reactions: JOG
I like it which is key, filling is simple and easy and no smells due to the same door seal being in place as it was before it was deleted :slow rofl:

Looks amazing, could you drop me a message with how much you paid please? I'm considering similar myself.

Thanks
Best to give them a shout mate

Might appeal to people who want to photoshop their belly button out!
I can safely say I’ve never looked at a Transporter as an item of beauty.
Positive comment award goes too ;)

This fuel inlet delete looks very cool
but I see one significant disadvantage.
Basically you have to keep your door fully open every time you are getting the fuel.
Obviously I am disregarding completely fuel fumes entering the cab during refueling and SWMBO complaining about it.

Back