Front VW Badge & Grille Chrome Removal

dwb

I'm sure it's been covered before but I can't seem to find the answers I'm after before I start breaking things!

I want to remove both the chrome part of the front VW badge and the chrome strips that emerge from the badge and go towards the headlights. The idea is that I can then either black or Acapulco blue them out (either purchase or spray myself).

How is the chrome removed? I have plastic removal tools but I don't want to start forcing if there is a possibility of causing too much damage.

Many thanks

Jay

Baxi Boilers
VIP Member
T6 Guru
Front badge comes off quite easy. Removed mine earlier with a nectar card
. Just have to work your round.

The strips are just held on with clips. Just take your time as the clips are quite brittle. Start from the light and work yoir way in.

dwb

Thanks I'll give that a go. I thought it was that but didn't want to start without clarification

PJfamilyguy

T6 Pro
sorry to hijack this thread but I'm thinking about doing my lower strip a different colour, however in my highline the strip is just bumper black and not chrome, what is best to start with before painting.

Skyliner33

VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Legend
I've looked at this thread, and the video below and tried to remove a badge off a spare grill and I cant get ti to move. In fact I've broken bits off a trim tool and nothings moved. :/ Any ideas?

Wills

VIP Member
T6 Legend
It’s time to play with the Caravelle grill I bought off @Tourershine . Is the Caravelle grill badge the same as the PV as it doesn’t appear to want to be removed? I don’t want to break anything.