Front VW Badge & Grille Chrome Removal

dwb

I'm sure it's been covered before but I can't seem to find the answers I'm after before I start breaking things!

I want to remove both the chrome part of the front VW badge and the chrome strips that emerge from the badge and go towards the headlights. The idea is that I can then either black or Acapulco blue them out (either purchase or spray myself).

How is the chrome removed? I have plastic removal tools but I don't want to start forcing if there is a possibility of causing too much damage.

Many thanks

Front badge comes off quite easy. Removed mine earlier with a nectar card
. Just have to work your round.

The strips are just held on with clips. Just take your time as the clips are quite brittle. Start from the light and work yoir way in.

Thanks I'll give that a go. I thought it was that but didn't want to start without clarification

sorry to hijack this thread but I'm thinking about doing my lower strip a different colour, however in my highline the strip is just bumper black and not chrome, what is best to start with before painting.

I've looked at this thread, and the video below and tried to remove a badge off a spare grill and I cant get ti to move. In fact I've broken bits off a trim tool and nothings moved. :/ Any ideas?

It’s time to play with the Caravelle grill I bought off @Tourershine . Is the Caravelle grill badge the same as the PV as it doesn’t appear to want to be removed? I don’t want to break anything.

It’s time to play with the Caravelle grill I bought off @Tourershine . Is the Caravelle grill badge the same as the PV as it doesn’t appear to want to be removed? I don’t want to break anything.
Did you manage to get the badge off your Caravelle grille? Like you I have looked at it and it doesn't seem to want to budge.

Best to search youtube for a video tutorial
Yeah I have, the only one is for T6 grille and it's not coming off as let video, I was wondering if the Cali grille was different. I can't get a trim removal tool to budge anything

I removed the chrome VW badge, it did take a careful approach though. The grills are different as the badge base of the Caravelle grill is not removeable.

To remove the chrome trims buy yourself a cheap trim tool set and use the flat headed tool. Work from behind the top of the trim from the outside towards the badge. Once you get behind it carefully push and lever out, try and find the clips are and work against them. Hard to explain but it works. Did it last week, pretty hesitant about doing it but took about 30 minutes maximum. You don’t need to drop the bumper, patience and care is all that’s needed.

Good luck!

To remove the chrome trims buy yourself a cheap trim tool set and use the flat headed tool. Work from behind the top of the trim from the outside towards the badge. Once you get behind it carefully push and lever out, try and find the clips are and work against them. Hard to explain but it works. Did it last week, pretty hesitant about doing it but took about 30 minutes maximum. You don’t need to drop the bumper, patience and care is all that’s needed.

Good luck!
Hi @TheSpiv

What was underneath the chrome strip… just black strips like the others on the grill or something else? If just black strips, could you leave it like that or do they need attention (re-trimming or painting) if you want a black look?

Thanks!

Hi @TheSpiv

What was underneath the chrome strip… just black strips like the others on the grill or something else? If just black strips, could you leave it like that or do they need attention (re-trimming or painting) if you want a black look?

Thanks!

Just black but would need new trims, I think I got mine from Van Style, £20 I think, look good too.

Take your time and it's really not too difficult.

Just removed my badges today …. In the end I got the front one off not from the outer ring but from closer to the w … I did shave my trim tool finer and my back badge wasn’t held on by glued tape but clipped similar to the front

Back