Front parking sensors retrofit OEM

Nickdaw

Retired
VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Guru
Thanks to @Pauly it made fitting my front parking sensors a breeze, purchased from the reliable T6 shop.
Fitted this afternoon 2 .5 hours start to finish. The worst bit i thought was swapping the foglight panels.
Paul i took ambient light feed from the heated windscreen switch next to it works a treat.
thank again for the info

The foglight panels are tricky as the larger panel behind it is plastic welded in place, i have separated mine so they come apart but you can prise open and slide out the fog insert as i suspect you have done.
Good to hear you got it all sorted relatively painlessly (although im sure your back has had a workout getting to the module/wiring under the dash)

The foglight panels are tricky as the larger panel behind it is plastic welded in place, i have separated mine so they come apart but you can prise open and slide out the fog insert as i suspect you have done.
Good to hear you got it all sorted relatively painlessly (although im sure your back has had a workout getting to the module/wiring under the dash)

I guess not a lot as @Sean O Leary cut the apertures and fitted them himself :thumbsup::whistle:

Hey Guys,

I had a quick look in the shop for the sensors but not had much luck finding them? Could you help with this. many thanks Paul

No coding as the kit comes with a replacement module so it's already coded for the new sensors just a straight swap

Hi All,

I am hoping to install the front parking kit this weekend and I am looking for a bit of help. Did anyone take some photos when they did this mod?

Where is the PDC located? I have taken the dash off around the headunit and it isn't there, which other panels do I need to remove? I'm trying to remove as few as possible!

Also, where did you run the wiring and where does the speaker go?

So, basically, how do I fit this?

Cheers Adam

PDC is under steering wheel on the end of the BCM bracket, remove the panel above pedals and look up
Wiring runs through bulkhead behind headlight switch, if you remove end cap of dash and remove the blank metal plate below scuttle plate you will see a grommet in the bulkhead and you will be able to see daylight when you look into the rear of the dash

IMG_3966.JPG IMG_3969.JPG IMG_4002.JPG IMG_4004.JPG

It’s much easier if you remove both the lower panels, the one facing down and the one facing back towards seat, but you will need to remove the light switch first
You will need a couple torx bits for some of the screws and make sure you have some plastic trim tools !

So, I've got all the trim off and working the wiring out.

First question, the brown and blue wires for the parking button. Can I wire these in to one of the other buttons? What's the best way to do this? How do I splice in the wires?

20180405_192603.jpg

Second question, do I keep the original PDC? It appears I could connect to the new one but I need to connect the blur and yellow wires to pins of the PDC. If I need to keep both where is the new one fitted and where is the buzzer fitted?

Finally, how do you count the pin numbers on the PDC?

Thanks for you help.

Adam

20180405_193224.jpg

1 yes connect to another button, Brown is earth and can go to another wire or chassis the other is the love for illumination and connects to the blue/grey wire that runs through all the switches

2 remove old module and replace with new one, the two wires go into the larger of the two existing plugs, the terminals are numbered on the plug but normally only the corners are marked so terminals 1/8/9/16 will be stamped in the plastic and you have to count across to the ones you need

Two steps forward and one back!

Is this the grommet I should push the connect through? It's very tight.
20180406_095953.jpg

I've also got the bumper off but getting the old panels out is a nightmare. Any tips?

IMG-20180406-WA0004.jpeg

Thanks again Adam

This is the hole i use for my wiring (obviously with a rubber grommet in it !)

IMG_5115.JPG IMG_5120.JPG

Thanks Pauly. I really appreciate all the help.

I've now found that hole. It looks like you've run the wires through the bung at the front of the scuttle plate. Did you cut the bung or the metalwork to get the wires through.

Any tips for the bumper trims? I've done the fog light sensors but getting the lower grill trims out is tough!

Cheers Adam

I lifted the existing wiring loom out of the recess and cut a slot towards the middle a cut a bit of the rubber away to allow the new wiring to pass through next to existing wires

Upper plastic panels pop out (with some plastic trim tools and a bit of force) the lower panels are held in by the fog light mount with is plastic welded in place, it is possible (but very fiddly) to pry out the mount pieces and slide the trims out towards the centre or you can simplify and cut the plastic welds off ??

I got this all sorted and finished today.

Thanks very much for all the help. I can see it would be a relatively easy job if you knew what you were doing but the only other vehicle I've worked on is a 30 year old land rover so this is a bit of a learning curve!

1 yes connect to another button, Brown is earth and can go to another wire or chassis the other is the love for illumination and connects to the blue/grey wire that runs through all the switches

2 remove old module and replace with new one, the two wires go into the larger of the two existing plugs, the terminals are numbered on the plug but normally only the corners are marked so terminals 1/8/9/16 will be stamped in the plastic and you have to count across to the ones you need

Hi Paul, I’ve fitted the kit and made all the connections except for the yellow and blue wires. Please can you tell me where do they connect?

Back