Problem with fridge

Johnston97

Hi all, i posted a little while ago about an issue with our Dometic CRE fridge compressor light flashing orange. We were told that this could be a wiring/amp issue so we paid to get the wiring redone. Things we have done: had a thicker wire installed, upgraded the fuse from 7.5 to 20 amp fuse. All of the above was advised to us from dometic. In addition to this we have also had the health of our leisure battery checked.

We go away in a couple of weeks to Europe, does anyone have any other ideas? We still have an orange flashing light and no fridge working! Thanks all

IMG_5382.jpeg

Hi all, i posted a little while ago about an issue with our Dometic CRE fridge compressor light flashing orange. We were told that this could be a wiring/amp issue so we paid to get the wiring redone. Things we have done: had a thicker wire installed, upgraded the fuse from 7.5 to 20 amp fuse. All of the above was advised to us from dometic. In addition to this we have also had the health of our leisure battery checked.

We go away in a couple of weeks to Europe, does anyone have any other ideas? We still have an orange flashing light and no fridge working! Thanks all

View attachment 232330
used to get it all the time and was advised to do a reset by disconnecting the 12v power from the fridge and reconnecting it. That worked most of the time but not always.

Thank you for replying. We tried this before and it started working but this time it won’t fix it.
it was irritating for me too as i believe the compressor does not kick into action when the orange light comes on. For me it was caused by either current or voltage fluctuation when on EHU so could have an issue with my Sargent 155 Pwr Mgmt unit.

i have swapped mine out for a Alpicool T50 chest fridge because i was more fed up with things spilling out the upright fridge than with the orange light. Best of luck finding a permanent fix

Still haven’t got ours working either. Had the flashing orange light two times in a row, after the second time the thing packed in completely. I’ve checked all fuses for continuity with a multimeter- all good.
Trying to work out where the 12v feed comes from as we have no wiring diagram and non of the wires are marked.
At the back of the fridge the black and red wires disappear into the carpeted panel behind the units and seem to go under the floor - at least that is where the rest of the wires pop out at the cab end.
I’ve narrowed it down to two that go to the vehicle battery so need to remove lower dash and twin swivel to visually check them. Tried continuity test but no joy so I assume broken wire somewhere (but would have thought that might have blown a fuse?).
It’d be easier to remove the current feed and put new wires, surface mounted, but I don’t like the idea of leaving old wires around or just not knowing what wire goes where.

Would wiring it up to a 12v plug that goes into the cigarette lighter socket work as a test? Not sure what fuse/wire rating the socket has?

Back