France trip during C19

Fromow

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Just wondering if anyone have been over recently or planning in the near future.
Due to go over next week camping but in two minds on what to do, it’ll be interesting to hear people’s thoughts.

Just wondering if anyone have been over recently or planning in the near future.
Due to go over next week camping but in two minds on what to do, it’ll be interesting to hear people’s thoughts.
We are booked to go away on 22nd for a week.

I went in June, and had one of the best times away. It was very very quiet, just how I like it.
I did n`t go in the van, so stayed in hotels, just booking any thing that took our fancy on the way, and all at prices probably never to be seen again.
I drove across France, and the down into Italy.
Nearly everything was open, and people were happy to see us, and take our money. Especially at Lake Garda, where we were treated with a big welcome.
Only you can decide if its for you or not, but I would go again tomorrow.

I’m going next week. Travelling through France for a few days, nothing booked site wise, see what takes my fancy on the way. Then into Italy, stopping with family a couple of nights en route to the ferry to Greece. My plan is to avoid big crowds, enjoy the countryside. Feeling pretty comfortable about it taking sensible precautions. Was going to take the long route down via Croatia, Albania etc but decided the fewer borders and countries the better.

We were due to go this year but cannot take the risk of the two week quarantine suddenly coming in whilst there so have decided to wait until hopefully the picture is clearer either later in the year or next year.

We went at the end of July. Amazing holiday. A bit less busy than the year before. Everything was open and all seemed to be fully functioning. They’re stricter on masks than we are, which is no bad thing.

We are booked to go 1st Sept for a month just touring around so we have our fingers crossed.
Both retired so if we have to self isolate on return then it’s not a problem for us.

We're due to go on the same day (but separately to) Nigel but quarantine would not be a good outcome if things got difficult in France - we will be deciding whether to go or no go nearer the departure date.

............en route to the ferry to Greece. My plan is to avoid big crowds, enjoy the countryside. Feeling pretty comfortable about it taking sensible precautions. Was going to take the long route down via Croatia, Albania etc but decided the fewer borders and countries the better.
It would be interesting to know how you get on with the trip to Greece in particular. Please report back.

Due to go to Saumur in September, decided that could not risk 2 weeks unpaid if France went on the list so cancelled on Monday. Campsite emailed us today to say that site was closing at end of August and we can rebook using deposit for 18 months. Hoping to go to Normandy in October half term, but who knows first time since 2006 that we may not go to France, managed to get a pitch on a small farm site in Devon for September stay.

Thanks everyone for your replys it’s interesting to get other points of view.
So it’s looking like We will just play it by ear and see what happens over the next few days, not going till the 19th so still plenty of time.

It would be interesting to know how you get on with the trip to Greece in particular. Please report back.
Will do. I’ve also subscribed to the GOV.UK travel advice website for France, Italy and Greece. So I can get immediate email updates as soon as the border or quarantine requirements change.

We were due to travel to France 2 weeks ago but cancelled 24 hours before (full refund from le shuttle), went to Scotland instead . Turns out we made the right decision as we were due to return this Sunday, would have been a nightmare for work as well as the (adult) children at home if we've had to quarantine. One plus is we've booked a crossing for New year as the prices have come down, unless we have to cancel that one as well..

We were due go a week tomorrow and have just cancelled. Anglesey it is then

We are hanging on but the rumour is that France will reciprocate in the next few days and make Brits who travel over isolate for 14days in France.
if this turns out to happen then we will also have to cancel.

We were due to travel on the 20th and cancelled yesterday. We only had a standard fare so Eurotunnel have issued a voucher which is valid for another year.

Out of interest, who knows if you self isolate upon return?

We are booked to go to Majorca next month, but feel it would be stupid to go given the uncertainties, so are going to Cornwall instead.

Back