Fort William Area Campsites

Mocko1962

VCDS User
T6 Pro
Anyone recommend good campsite FW area .. want to do 2 to 3 nights over 2 different campsites.. this weekend .. seems a lot are now closed
Would prefer somewhere close to walk to.. pub or restaurant for some night time things to do within walking distance .. no driving

Ian M

Good campsite couple of miles up Glen Nevis road - good views of the Ben too if it’s clear. If you have a bike you could easily cycle in to town for curry/beer etc.

There's a bar restaurant just at the edge of the site and also a nice wee pub across the River and up the hill a wee bit (take a torch!)

There's a bar restaurant just at the edge of the site and also a nice wee pub across the River and up the hill a wee bit (take a torch!)
That restaurant is top quality. We had some amazing salmon as a starter and haggis topped with chicken... mmmmm

As suggested, the Glen Nevis site is great, but is a bit of a hike into town if you want more than the local restaurant and bar. I've occasionally walked down and got a taxi back if I've been "emotionally drained" :D The atmosphere in town is great if you like things (a bit) livelier.
Another potential I've stayed in before is the carpark on the other side in Banavie, where you've got the Moorings hotel to eat/drink at, or the more local delights of Kilmallie, Caol or Corpach for ordinary pubs. It's at the bottom of the Neptune's Staircase series of locks as well which are worth seeing, and there's a great cycle route up the right side of the canal to the head of Loch Lochy with great views of the Ben and surrounding range.

Enjoy, I went to school and spent most of my teenage years there and it still pulls me back regularly. Some things aren't quite as good, but most things are a whole lot better these days.
I'd go back and live up there if my daughter hadn't decided that where she really wants to spend her future life is... Newton-le-Willlows :(

Back