Campsite costs UK

For C&CC certified sites, I find it very find to search them out. Also often they don’t have facilities so the best places and cheapest ones are not available to us
Just having a look at the websites, C&CC have 1086 CL's and C&MC have 2100+.

£53 a year Vs £63 a year.

many of the C&MC sites don't have showers or toilets, hence that's why there are more of them. The CC&C Siteseeker app allows you to search an area & filter results. The on-line digital membership is £43 iirc.

We have found some great C&CC CS C&MC CL sites some of the best locations have been without showers and toilets which suits us now since covid made you provide your own.
C&MC ones are probably better as they limit it to 5 units and C&CC 5 caravans or motorhomes and 10 tents if space permits.

If I was to subscribe to 1 club only which of the 2 would be the better bet?

If I was to subscribe to 1 club only which of the 2 would be the better bet?
you pays your money & takes your choice tbh. We're in the CC&C & reasonably happy with it. The main benefit for us is the ferry discount which pays the membership fee. We avoid the main CC&C sites, in our experience they are over priced & over managed, the CL sites are gems & our sites of choice. We have, in no particular order:-

CC&C siteseeker app
ACSI card & app. Best value imho of all the available "Club" type subscriptions, pays for itself times over. If you're an "Out of season" camper, it's a no-brainer.
Park4night
Searchforsites

Between them, we've never failed to find somewhere to stay.

Reactions: MrD

We have yet to stay in a C&CC certified site through searches through their website (books etc) we have stayed on many sites that have turned out to be certified sites but we booked directly with the site and I don’t believe benefitted from any member discount. The best located sites are the temporary sites but those have no facilities, next best are the dedicated certified sites but those often have no facilities so basically end up in any old site in the area or a club site.

@cgtmiles we use searchforsites.co.uk you can filter the search just for C&CC sites so it shows you all the CS sites search the area you want then filter out all the sites you don't want if that makes sense
I guess my point is why filter out the other non CS sites and at the end of the day we always have stayed somewhere that wasn't at least solely a CS site

And is it just me or is the C&CC sunseeker app completely useless? I can’t find anything on there and it only wants to show sites in my area, which is generally my home. Am I doing something wrong here?

Reactions: CAB
And is it just me or is the C&CC sunseeker app completely useless? I can’t find anything on there and it only wants to show sites in my area, which is generally my home. Am I doing something wrong here?
It isn't the best app tbh, I find it rather clunky. Open the app & click the "Browse" button at the bottom of the home screen. This will give you the option to search by region.
PS, you might need to be logged in.

It isn't the best app tbh, I find it rather clunky. Open the app & click the "Browse" button at the bottom of the home screen. This will give you the option to search by region.
PS, you might need to be logged in.
Cheers that is a little better than the explore button :thumbsup:

Question - where sites charge a few quid extra for an 'Awning' is that normally regarded as a proper full on awning like this (which I'd expect to have to pay a little extra for)
1000007707.png
Or does it normally include the standard wind out awning?
1000004063.jpg

Question - where sites charge a few quid extra for an 'Awning' is that normally regarded as a proper full on awning like this (which I'd expect to have to pay a little extra for)
View attachment 240511
View attachment 240512
Wondered that myself in the past and actually stayed away from sites charging awnings as extra as it’s the pitch your paying for what ever size that is for your use not the equipment you want to use.

I think the Fiamma roll out types fall under that "pay extra for awnings" caveat, I reckon their argument would be about maintaining the 6m fire gap between pitches if pushed.

I think the Fiamma roll out types fall under that "pay extra for awnings" caveat, I reckon their argument would be about maintaining the 6m fire gap between pitches if pushed.
Sites i've looked at seem to whack any awning type, as pay extra for awning, which if their pitches are reasonably prices is ok the same as charging for EHU
So as we have done on a stopover between sites we don't want to pay for the all inclucive deal

I was on a site once and said I had brought an awning but only pre booked the van, so needed to pay the extra. The owner said 'Its £5 a night', I said but its only a small one, so she said 'Oh okay £2 a night'

There's no real logic to any of it and one of the reasons we often stay at C&CC main sites (off season), they all pretty much have the same rules, all meet a certain standard and always clean. We also know the times we can arrive and leave are pretty similar. They do have issues but also lots of advantages, dogs are free, have dog poo bins, awning included. Each year they do discounts on grass pitches in the summer and for the sites that allow vans on the grass you can get decent prices

Someone was asking about CS sites for C&CC, we have satyed on a few, but because we need showers and toilets they tend to be larger sites and cost similar money, I think the last one we went to we got £1.20 off a night because we were members. There are the smaller sites without facilities that are cheaper £10/15 but you have to ring them to book, can't do it online and because we plan in advance and only stay 1-2 nights we've never bothered with them.

We're just back from 15 nights in Scotland, average cost per night was £32.16 (no awning, 2 people, 1 dog, mostly hardstanding), only one site we didnt have hook up. Last summer we did wales for 2 weeks and that averaged £25 a night (mostly no ehu and grass). We're away in the van about 40 nights a year if we're lucky so ist now probably costs us £1200-1400 a year. Compared to the cost of the van, cost of bricks and mortar accomodation and foreign holidays, I think its reasonable price. Saying that, the avaibility of service points in Scotland and the amount of park ups does mean in the future I can see us doing a bit of that and campsites, but only north of the border in the right places

View attachment 240511
View attachment 240512
I asked the CAMC;
They said the wind-out is not an awning.

I asked the C&CC;
I got a nonsensical reply, basically it might or might not be, so I decided it wasn't!

I asked the CAMC;
They said the wind-out is not an awning.

I asked the C&CC;
I got a nonsensical reply, basically it might or might not be, so I decided it wasn't!
"Is that a wind out awning, sir/madam/other non specific gendered person?"
"This thing? No, this thing that looks like a wind out awning actually identifies as a bowl of petunias"
"Ahh, ok then - we don't charge extra for those so you're all good. Have a nice stay!"

:cool: :rofl:

Back