Ford Nugget

Martinf

VIP Member
T6 Guru
I think this was at the NEC show, or if not something very similar.

The only think I really noticed on passing (what else with a Ford) was the interesting configuration with rear kitchen including access to high sleeping level, and more forward located lower double sleeping area. We are very happy with our classic configuration, but I guess this alternative would attract some.

andys

Don't frequent these parts no more
VIP Member
T6 Legend
The irony is that the Transit Nugget was in production before VW brought out the Cali, but it’s been such a flop that Ford are still playing catch up 30 yrs later

Radford1071s

Paul
VIP Member
T6 Guru
Morning guy's and gals this was on the transit train this morning so I thought it would be rude not to have a wee spy inside it. IMG_20201005_081217_7.jpg

IMG_20201005_083351_9.jpg

IMG_20201005_083309_2.jpg

IMG_20201005_081125_9.jpg

IMG_20201005_083250_2.jpg

Radford1071s

Paul
VIP Member
T6 Guru
Yeah I don't think that VW have anything to worry about . Until that gastly kid on t7 oddball comes out.

Reactions: DXX

A Bridge Too Far

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Isn't it the same Westfalia layout that @andys has?
There's loads doing this layout, correct Westphalia probably make the best but Hillside do one too. Separate single beds down stairs and a toilet for the middle of the night. (old people layout :slow rofl: ). I reckon I've got about 5 years left before I start the midnight relief walk.

cgtmiles

VIP Member
T6 Legend
Looks like a tight squeeze in that kitchen, I think I’d have to sit on the worktop to open the cupboards!

andys

VIP Member
T6 Legend
It’s a different layout at the back to mine, but I do have the toilet and shower, don’t need to use it at night but it’s very handy for my granddaughter. Similar gloss units to mine and the same sort of 2 seater RIB bed. No single beds in either though.
The Nugget is made by Westfalia too and has actually been going longer than the California so it’s not a new thing.

cgtmiles

VIP Member
T6 Legend
So you have a shower room? Do you have photos of that? I’m not sure I’ve seen a layout in a t6 with a shower

andys

VIP Member
T6 Legend
So you have a shower room? Do you have photos of that? I’m not sure I’ve seen a layout in a t6 with a shower
“Room” might be pushing it :D
I’ve a review thread on here somewhere but I can’t find it.

DXX

VIP Member
T6 Legend
Not sure I could sleep in that after spending nearly 60K for a reverse tardis, what a hopeless layout.

andys

VIP Member
T6 Legend
Not sure I could sleep in that after spending nearly 60K for a reverse tardis, what a hopeless layout.
This is why it’s great that the transporter can be whatever you want it to be. I found the traditional side layout hopeless and my layout is ideal. The only reason I will probably change is to get more height and space inside at the back to store bike/inflatable kayak etc.