Ford Nugget

I think this was at the NEC show, or if not something very similar.

The only think I really noticed on passing (what else with a Ford) was the interesting configuration with rear kitchen including access to high sleeping level, and more forward located lower double sleeping area. We are very happy with our classic configuration, but I guess this alternative would attract some.

The irony is that the Transit Nugget was in production before VW brought out the Cali, but it’s been such a flop that Ford are still playing catch up 30 yrs later

Morning guy's and gals this was on the transit train this morning so I thought it would be rude not to have a wee spy inside it. IMG_20201005_081217_7.jpg

IMG_20201005_083351_9.jpg

IMG_20201005_083309_2.jpg

IMG_20201005_081125_9.jpg

IMG_20201005_083250_2.jpg

Yeah I don't think that VW have anything to worry about . Until that gastly kid on t7 oddball comes out.

Reactions: DXX
Isn't it the same Westfalia layout that @andys has?
There's loads doing this layout, correct Westphalia probably make the best but Hillside do one too. Separate single beds down stairs and a toilet for the middle of the night. (old people layout :slow rofl: ). I reckon I've got about 5 years left before I start the midnight relief walk.

Looks like a tight squeeze in that kitchen, I think I’d have to sit on the worktop to open the cupboards!

It’s a different layout at the back to mine, but I do have the toilet and shower, don’t need to use it at night but it’s very handy for my granddaughter. Similar gloss units to mine and the same sort of 2 seater RIB bed. No single beds in either though.
The Nugget is made by Westfalia too and has actually been going longer than the California so it’s not a new thing.

So you have a shower room? Do you have photos of that? I’m not sure I’ve seen a layout in a t6 with a shower

So you have a shower room? Do you have photos of that? I’m not sure I’ve seen a layout in a t6 with a shower
“Room” might be pushing it :D
I’ve a review thread on here somewhere but I can’t find it.

Not sure I could sleep in that after spending nearly 60K for a reverse tardis, what a hopeless layout.

Not sure I could sleep in that after spending nearly 60K for a reverse tardis, what a hopeless layout.
This is why it’s great that the transporter can be whatever you want it to be. I found the traditional side layout hopeless and my layout is ideal. The only reason I will probably change is to get more height and space inside at the back to store bike/inflatable kayak etc.

Back